♠️The Photo Booth Pt. 3♠️

Troye POV

"So... This is a Rosewood Day festival, then, huh?" Tyler asked, upon arriving to the huge school gathering. The music was blaring, from the scattered sound systems throughout the outdoor set up, making it hard to hear Tyler's voice over the noise of everything, even though he shouted the words in my ear.

"I guess," I yelled back, wondering if he even heard me. I could barely hear myself over the speakers, and combine that with the fact that nearly everyone was shouting their own conversations, it was enough to make someone go deaf. And while I didn't mind some loud noise ( look at how loud I listen to music in my head phones ) this was tweaking things up a notch, not to mention the strobe lights and artificial fog covering the already dark atmosphere up, making it difficult to see anything past ten feet of me.

I was looking around at the festival, simply watching the people dancing around me in a daze when I felt something snack my arm a couple of times. I turned to see Tyler staring directly at me. "Where should we start?" Tyler asked, and judging by the fact that he had to slap my arm a couple times to get my attention, I would guess that he's been trying to ask that question for quite a bit now.

"I don't care," I said. He narrows his eyes in confusion, cupping his ear with his hand, and sighing in frustration, I grabbed his arm and led him away from the middle of everything. He didn't question it, just following me until we reached the entrance to the school. Once we were inside, I was startled by just how quiet it was compared to outside; there were only a few scattered people inside, clustered in groups of two or three ( most of the groups of two were unashamed in making out passionately against the locker doors. One of the duos was actually Alfie and his girlfriend, Zoë Sugg ) and talking in much quieter voices amongst themselves. The silence, if possible, was almost even more deafening than the activity outside, monotonous, with nothing to break it but the squeaky footsteps against the ground and the occasional bang against the locker door - Zoë would be feeling that one later, I'm sure.

"Shit, I can actually hear myself think now," Tyler muttered, an almost relieved smile crossing his lips. "So, what did you say back there? Or was it just asking if we could go inside?"

I shook my head, and waved the question away with my hand in a forget it gesture. "It doesn't matter. Most of the booths out there are pretty generic, so whatever you can come up with, they probably have it somewhere."

He tapped his chin in though. "Hmm... Do they have a fortune-teller?" He asked, surprising me. Tyler seemed like the type who'd call out psychics as bullshitters out for money, or something along those lines, but I guess Tyler really is full of surprises.

"Probably. Let's go," I said, cheekily offering my arm for him. I didn't expect him to take it or anything; it was meant as a joke, even though in the back of my head, I knew I didn't want it to be. Not to mention that it might've given the wrong people the wrong idea.

Which is exactly why it surprised me when he actually did take my arm.

♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔

"Alright, pick a card, dear," the older, white-haired woman in the purple robes asked, as we took our seats in the fortune-telling booth.

Tyler sat beside me, and we exchanged a look, wondering which one of us she was talking about. After a moment of indecision, he nudged his head at me, silently telling me to go ahead. I shrugged indifferently, not caring either way, and chose one of the over-sized cards at random.

I glanced at for a second, going over the images that made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever - it showed a drawing of what appeared to be a prisoner of sorts behind bars - before handing it over to the lady. "Ah, interesting, how very interesting, my dear," she said in a raspy, intrigued tone, making me much more curious than I would've expected being over some foretold future given to me at a high school festival.