♥️Wedding Date♥️

I don't dedicate much but because this was HEAVILY inspired by the lovely Emma of TroylerToujours 's wedding scene in Icy Inferno ( AKA one of the stores that I'm constant trash when it comes to it ), I figured it's only fair to dedicate this to her.

ALSO LET ME TELL YOU A THING: I've been reading her story for the last three months or so, when there was only eight chapters, and she FUCKING UPDATED FOUR TIMES ON MY CHRISTMAS BREAK, when my parents and I went to Mexico and long story short I hated the trip because the I'm very heat intolerant and it was really humid and hot and the trip was very water based and I hate water so yano, but the updates made it all so much more bearable. I actually clearly remember reading my fav fav chapter ( 12 ) while listening to Fire Meets Gasoline by Sia, the memory was so clear. But yeah, thanks Emma. I owe you for that.

ALSO WE RAISED 500K FOR THE TREVOR PROJECT OMFG THIS IS AMAZING

Also I'm pissed because the 50 Shades Soundtrack is amazing but the movie is such trash wth.

But a few quick things about this one-shot: it's an AU, where they're both 17 going on 18, they're not dating but are into each other, and the wedding they're invited to is for Jim and Tanya, who, for the sake of everything, will be 22 and 24.

Troye POV

"So, are you going?" Tyler, my best friend, asked me, breaking the comfortable silence as we sat under a shady tree outside of the school grounds, eating our lunch together. The sunlight pouring down between the leaves caused a cascade of abstract shadows on the grassy ground beneath our crossed legs. A gentle breeze pushed the leaves in a rustling wave, making the silhouetted shapes blend together and fade in and out with each other.

I shifted my legs, adjusting my position and crunching the dry grass in the process; the sound made me grateful for the fact that I was wearing pants, because otherwise the grass would probably irritate my skin. "Going where?" I asked Tyler between chews of the sandwich that we bought together at Subway before settling down during our lunch period.

"Tanya and Jim's wedding," he said, furrowing his eyebrows. "You were invited, right?"

"Oh," I said, only now understanding what he was referring to. "Yeah, I am, I just forgot for a second."

"Ah, okay." He took a quick drink from a bottle of water that was lying beside him, and reiterated his question. "So, are you going?"

I shrugged indifferently, not having thought much about it until now. Tanya and Jim were nice people, but they were more Zoë's friends then ours - we'd only met the couple a few times, and always in group gatherings of all of our school friends and a few of their other friends and acquaintances. And Zoë, who got along easily with just about every human on the face of the Earth, just so happened to have dozens of friends, some of which I couldn't laid a name to a face for the life of me. Thankfully, I remembered Tanya Burr and Jim Chapman, or else the invite to the wedding would've been incredibly awkward, but that didn't necessarily mean I thought them close to me. They were probably just being polite ( both of them are easily the two most kind-learned people that I've ever met ) and invited everyone that has ever been friendly with either of them, honestly.

It didn't help that I don't have a date, either. I suppose that that's my fault, since I'm still stubbornly glued to Tyler - not that I've ever told him how I felt - but I couldn't exactly help it. He was my best friend, sure, but I've recently started realizing that maybe that wasn't all there was to how I felt about him. I didn't know how to define it; like seemed like too little a word, but love seemed a stretch right now too. In a way, sure, I do love him. I always have, since we've been friends since we met in middle school, when we were partnered for an art project ( that ended horribly ). But in the way that most people use love to describe romance these days, I didn't think so.