♥️The Photo Booth Pt. 2♥️

Troye POV

Ever since Tyler moved in, we've become inseparable.

It's only been a few weeks since he's come to Rosewood, but it's been some of the best weeks in my life, though it's also caused a lot of turmoil and confusion for me. On one hand, being around him constantly made me happy, much happier than I would be around any of the other people I know at school, including my old friends that I haven't talked to much in years. He was just so different, and I never felt like he was playing a game with me, or trying to take advantage of me in any way. He just wanted to be friends with me, and that was that.

On the other hand, though, well, those feelings that I've spent practically my entire life suppressing were coming back, and the more I hung out with Tyler, the more I felt like I was taking advantage of Bethany. I've even considered breaking up with her, even though she's done nothing to me worth breaking up over. In fact, she's even been cheerier than usual, always asking me what I wanted to do, and volunteering to stay in with me, if I wasn't feeling up to going out. I don't know. Maybe she just felt like spending more time with me. Or maybe she just knew I was becoming distant, and wanted me to stay.

I sincerely hoped it wasn't the second one. I'd just feel more guilty that way.

I was actually hanging out with her right now, taking our lunch outside, and walking to one of the small restaurants nearby for something small. It was one of the few times that I wasn't with Tyler, as we almost always ate together in the cafeteria at lunch. Her hand held mine gently, like she didn't feel like squeezing it, but still wanted to hold my hand for the sake of holding my hand. Or maybe it was just because my palms were a little sweaty,min the abnormally warm weather. That's probably it, I decided.

She turned to face me, and pleasant smile on her face, and the wind blowing her long brown hair behind her. I could smell her fruity perfume, the scent wafting up my nose. "So, where do you want to go? I'm really in the mood for a burger, or something like that, but you can choose something else, if you want."

I shrugged, used to the now normal routine. She used to just pick the place herself, but since we had pretty similar tastes in food, I never objected. "That's sounds fine, actually. Im not too hungry, though, so I might just end up getting a thing of fries, or something like that."

"Alright. The Grill, then?"

"Sure." And just like that, we stopped talking for the rest of the walk, pausing inky once when she went up on her tiptoes to kiss me on the cheek. Her lips were soft and sweet, in the affectionate gesture, but I felt nothing.

Five minutes later, we got to the boardwalk, where all of the other people eating out went during their lunch hour. The Grill, something of a legend among the Rosewood Day students, ever since Connor had deemed it the place to eat, was busy inside, waiters rushing about to bring people their food. I almost told Bethany that we should leave, thinking that it was far too crowded to go inside, but then I noticed a group of three leaving, and decided that it would be fine.

The Hostess took our names, and showed us to our seats without any wait; a first, in a long time for me. I always ended up going at the busiest times of the day, though I never planned on it; I just had that kind of luck.

We took out seats across from each other, in the smaller-than-average booth. I always thought that they should upgrade the distance between the seats, since my knees always bumped into Bethany's, but I guess not as many people were 95% legs. Well, except maybe Daniel Howell, one of the few kids that I didn't think fit the standard Rosewood personality. He, and his friend, Phil Lester, were two of the tallest kids in the entire town, dwarfing even my lanky self.