♣️Can't Help Falling in Love♣️

I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED OKAY I HAVE EXCUSES THAT YOU'LL SEE SOON BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I'M ACTUALLY ALLOWED TO TELL YOU MUCH YET (but it's 17K words which is bigger than Who Knew so cheers).

Also frantasticsara this is dedicated to you because your angst inspired me (btw I hate you)

Also who allowed The Selection to have 40K reads?

Also this is based off of the Ingrid Michaelson version of Can't Help Falling in Love http://open.spotify.com/track/2yuea8dOVphJMCEZOlnyKf listen to it (PLL fans may recognize it) I'm trash.

Troye POV

Wise men say only fools rush in.

I feel like this is a conflicting standpoint on its own. You can argue that it's smarter to take your time, holding back until you're sure it's safe enough to dig in and embed yourself in what you've been so hesitant to be consumed in. You can argue that waiting until all factors revolving around what you're getting into point positively in your direction is the easier thing to do, making the situation all the more convenient. You can even argue that rushing in is reckless, only resulting in disaster every time.

But consider this.

You're the most doubtful person on the planet. You've promised yourself over and over again that you'd take things slow, and make sure that the situation is right, before letting yourself be overwhelmed by the desire that you've swore up and down never existed in the first place. You're confident that things will never spiral out of control - your feelings and thoughts will never be taken from your grasp without your permission - and you're absolutely sure that that lingering question in the back of your mind has no need to be answered, because the answer should be evident and steadfast already. There's no need to reexamine things that have definitely never been changed, after the years that this knowledge in your head has been persistently constant, rooted in your very being and as easily known as the back of your hand.

But like a river flows, surely into the sea, that feeling that you've brushed away continues to move in the same direction, having always been going to the same place in the end, no matter how many different paths and dams and tributaries the flow branches off to on the way there. The outcome is always the same, set from the very beginning, whether you expected it to be that way or not. And truly, you should've known how things would end up - you should've known the second you laid your eyes on him, the one who managed to catch your eye when you were sixteen years old, walking his dog home around the neighborhood in front of your house, who called out,'Hi,' while passing by; the one who somehow managed to become your best friend, ever since the most conventional of starts - since things have been heading in that direction for ages, making way for the inevitable.

But if you never knew you were submerged in the water in first place, could you really be held accountable for that?

♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔∞♔

We walked alongside one another on the coast of Long Beach, the ever dimming sky lighting the sky up in a myriad of radiant hues, seemingly fake with the way it was so unreal. The waves washed against our feet, lukewarm from the newly spring weather. Our feet left soft imprints in the sand with each step, separating into cracks under our weight as the mist emanating off of the sea water sprayed us in the cool breeze.

It was his birthday today, and I'd just come back from Australia, after visiting my family; he had just turned twenty-two, me still being twenty-one. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it today, to celebrate with my best friend, but I managed to find another, earlier flight, booking it when I saw the vacancy, and coming here with only little warning to him that I'd be here on time.