Prologue - Breaking Solemnity with a Cruel Discovery

Start from the beginning

"State thy name." The face commands. In a clear and loud voice, I say,

"Charlotte."

"Charlotte...." he repeats my name for all to hear. "The shape of thy soul is...." All goes silent. I don't move as I continue to state into the face before me, my eyes unwavering. The face squints, and then says,

"I don't see it."

"Come again?" Crowley answered, incredulously.

"I sense not a spark of magic from this one..." the face confirms. "The color, shape, all nothing. Therefore, they're not suited for any dormitory."

I felt my jaw drop. I came here for nothing?! Great! Fucking awesome!

I hear murmurs behind me as I turn to face the crowd. The others must've been surprised that a non magic being like me could ever be chosen to come here.

Crowley approaches me. "An Ebony Carriage would absolutely never go to meet someone who can't use magic!" He wonders. "In 100 years, there hasn't once been a mistake in student selection. So, why in the world....?" He rubs his chin in thought.

You tell me dude...I'm just someone who's had random visions now and then and got my aunt's key stolen by a raven! And now I'm in this mystery world where I don't even know where home is!!!

Some muffling was heard, and soon, Grim was free from his bonds, and spat the rag out of his mouth.

"If that's the case, let Yours Truly take their place!" He rushed forward.

"Stay right there! You raccoon!" Crowley demanded, as he shielded me.

"Unlike that dumb human, Yours Truly can use magic! Let me into the school instead!" He really wasn't gonna go down without a bargain...

"If you need proof of my power, I'll show you right now!" He smirked.

"Oh shit, not again!" I grimaced.

"Everyone get down!" The redhead ordered. Without thinking, everyone, and I dove for the floor, covering our heads.

"Hnnnnnnnnnah!" Grim summoned a surge of blue flames that engulfed the entire room in a second.

"Waugh! Hot hot hot!!! My butt's on fire!" The white haired male hopped up and down in pain, patting his butt to put out the fire. I tried to stifle my giggles behind my hands.

"At this rate, the school will be engulfed in a sea of fire!" The headmaster grimaced. "Someone catch that raccoon!" He demanded, helping me to my feet. The other students looked amongst themselves, unsure of what to do.

"Tch, suck ups." The scarred male rolled his eyes.

"Oh? Aren't you good at hunting?" The blonde teased. "Doesn't it look like a nice, plump snack?" He smirked, eyes glinting mischievously.

"Why me? Do it yourselves." The first muttered back.

"Crowley-sensei, leave it to me!" The one with glasses spoke up. "I'm sure the others couldn't stomach harassing such a poor creature, so I will take it upon myself!

"That's Azul for you~! Always trying to earn himself points~!" The voice from the tablet spoke.

"Hey! Can someone please help put out my butt fire already?" The one from earlier spoke up, his ass still smoking.

"Is anyone even listening?" Crowley muttered with exasperation.

The scarred one sighed, "If its just catching a stupid raccoon, why don't you do it yourself, Teach." He crosses his arms.