Getting out of my room, I walked down the corridor and headed towards the cylindrical elevator. The girls dorms was way similar to our dorms except that they lacked the 'great' stench of sweat we had as a natural perfume. It was mostly due to the reason of the growing population of boys in this building. Safoora would puke if she ever came in here. I mentally laughed at the face she would make.

The elevator opened up with a ping and I headed in. It was thronged with hifz newbies who I identified as careless students reaching up to my elbow. All they ever talked about the latest VR video games or movies hypnotizing their brains. As hifz students there mind were never om Quran, it was always on the latest tech. 

The elevator was made out of hard glass, allowing me to take in the outside view from the top of the building. The sky was vivid pale blue with a gorgeous spring breeze blowing on the blossoming trees which reminded me that I was almost seventeen in the next upcoming month. The days were passing by so fast. 

The elevator opened again with a ping and all the newbies poured out before I even had the chance to set out a foot. I slowly walked out looking down at my watch, ah great, I had a lot of time before my first class started. Maybe... I could pay 'Father of Cats' a visit in the meantime!

I walked slowly to where the prayer hall was, a large cozy hall that was much bigger than the girls one with a giant chandelier roofing the room, but way messier especially because of the newbies. 

The closer I walked, the louder the noise of recitation got. The prayer hall blasted with everyones loud voice, everyone was in their own world concentrating on their sabaq or dour. I wasn't planning on entering the hall because I wasn't dressed in my usual modest outfit on (my thobe and turban) which meant I would be recieving disappointing glares from the teachers. 

I peeked in through the door, finding Abu Hurairah sitting in one of the corners deeply engrossed in his recitation. His eyebrows were narrowed down with fury, I truly did give him a bad morning. Suddenly, his eyes met mines and I felt the rage flow throw his veins shooting like lava. I was so dead tonight!

'I love you!' I mouthed, smiling broadly from ear to ear. 

"Get the hell out of here!" He mouthed back, eyeing the teacher continously making sure the teacher never caught him talking.

"Abu Hurairah, is something wrong?"" Moulana Ahmed yelled out instantly. Oops, he was a goner! 

The class suddenly stopped, and all eyes were on Abu Hurairah waiting for him to answer.  I quickly ducked away from view before his teacher saw me too. 

"N-no nothing!" He mumbled looking in his Quran.

"Why did you all stop?" Moulana Ahmed yelled angrily at everyone. Suddenly everyone erupted in recitation minding their own businesses again. 

I peeked in one last time catching Abu Hurairah's eye again. Abu Hurairah was probably internally groaning with irritation by seeing my goofy face again. I threw him some air kisses letting him know that I was leaving. I loved pulling that guys nerves, it was so much fun. 

I headed out in the fresh air trudging towards the school campus. Well, technically the air wasn't fresh, it was polluted with gas emissions emitted from flying cars and air ships. Keeping my up, I walked-- I never wanted others to see me wearing this stupid uniform even though it was disguised beneath my jacket. I was embarrassed with myself for not following the prophets sunnah. 

"Hey bro, waz up?" Adam came from behind, putting his arms around my shoulder. "I missed ya yesterday, the class felt way too empty without your usual jokes."

"Yeah ... Adam tried filling in for you but it failed real bad." Ilyas grumbled, rolling his eyes. "He made the wierdest jokes making a fool out of himself." We all chuckled at Adams stupidity earning a cold glare from Adam.