Chapter Thirty-One:

"Tanner get your lazy ass up we are gonna be late for church!" I screamed down the hallway as I finished straightening my hair. It had been two months since I agreed to stay in the house with him.

I walked out of the bathroom and stubbed my toe on something hard. "Son of a...biscuit eater." I sighed, catching myself. We still weren't done moving in and there were boxes everywhere.

I stomped down the hallway to our bedroom. Tanner was spread out on his pallet on the floor. I wasn't quite ready to share a bed with him so he agreed to sleep on the floor.

"Tanner! Get up! You done went and made me cuss before church!"

He rolled over underneath the blue blanket. "Mmff.."

I stomped over to him and knelt down, "I've already ironed your clothes, they are on the bed, now get up and get ready!" I shouted in his ear.
"Shelby...do I have to go?" He mumbled sleepily.

I huffed, "You wanted me to fix you. Im just doing what you asked."

He sat up, "This again? How many times are you gonna bring that up?" He rubbed his eyes and threw the blanket away.

"It works don't it?" I smiled and walked away. I heard him whistle right before I closed the door. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

I walked into the kitchen and turned off the stovetop. I had breakfast all laid out and perfect and now we had to eat it in the truck because Tanner couldn't get out of the damn bed. I sighed to myself, running my fingers through my hair. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around and saw Tanner, smiling brightly.

I looked at his white and blue striped button up, it was untucked. "Ahem." I crossed my arms. He looked down, "Oh, sorry master."

My jaw dropped at his choice of words. I frogged him in the arm and stomped into the living room. I sat down on the couch with my bible. He came and tapped on my shoulder, keys in hand.
"You ready?"
"I have been." I smirked and kissed him on the cheek. I handed him his bible on the way out of the door. I had gotten it for him a few weeks ago. He still wasn't used to looking up verses in it, sometimes it was almost pitiful to watch .You couldn't help but feel warm inside though, it was so cute. I loved how hard he tried to impress me.