Chapter Thirty-Three

I slouched into the couch and switched the channel. We had finally went and got Tomahawk and he was asleep in my lap.

Tanner walked around the couch and sat down beside me, putting his arm around my shoulder.
I pushed his arm away and grunted.

He furrowed his brows, "What did I do?"

"Not now." I spat.

"Not now what?" He shrugged in a confused manner.

I sighed and pushed myself off the couch. As soon as we got home I had thrown my hair into a bun and slipped on some sweatpants.

I walked into the kitchen and swung open the fridge. I searched for a beer and pulled a longneck from the back. I twisted open the top and took a small sip. I felt a lump in my throat as I tried to swallow and I found myself running towards the bathroom. I wasn't able to keep the beer down and I up chucked it, along with my breakfast, into the commode.

Tanner ran down the hallway, "Shelby, what the hell?" He came to the door and rushed to my side. "Oh God, are you okay?" He kneeled and rubbed my back.

I looked up and smiled for a short moment before I had to hang my head back in the toilet.

"Tanner," I wiped my mouth, "can you bring me my beer?"

He pat my back, "I think it's best you lay off the alcohol." He smiled jokingly.

"What for?" I asked rudely, in fact I was offended. Was he saying I couldn't handle drinking?

"Think about it Hun', you've had a terrible temper, really weird cravings, and now half your guts are floating in the toilet."

"What are you trying to say?" I sat down onto my knees.

He shrugged and gave me a crooked smile.

"I'm not pregnant." I said bluntly. "Im probably just coming down with a cold or some shit."

"A cold that makes you crave watermelon, in winter time?" He raised a brow. Standing up, he crossed his arms."Don't worry I'll finish your beer for you. Okay?" With that, he turned and walked down the hallway.

I raced after him, or I thought I did, and tried to stop him from gulping down a huge swig of my drink.

I snatched at the bottle, but he tripped me. I screeched and he caught my wrist, spinning me around so that I landed into his chest. He gulped down another huge swig and I frowned. I pushed away from him and sat back down onto the couch, my stomach turning, aching even.