Chapter Twenty-Seven:

I woke up on the hard wood floor beside Tanner. When I looked at his goofy smile, memories of last night flooded my head. I could only remember up to the part where he flipped me on my back...

I scrambled to my feet, pulling my shirt down and tight against my body. My cheeks were red and my heart was beating all over the place.

He stretched and sat up onto his elbows..."Good Morning..." he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

My eyes were open wide as I noticed his shirt was completely unbuttoned. My breathing became hectic and my eyes searched the room. He must've noticed how tense I was, "Its okay, nothing happened...nothing I want to remember anyway."

At his words, memories of the fight came to me. I shook away the unwanted thoughts.

"So! Want some breakfast?" I said, squeezing out a fake laugh.

Tanner stood up and popped his back, making his chest show all the way. I shivered as he walked passed me and opened the fridge. He pulled out a bottle of beer and popped the top off.

I crossed my arms and looked at the clock on the wall. "It's not even noon yet..." He stopped chugging the alcohol and wiped his mouth, "Somewhere it is" He smiled and chugged some more.

I sat down at the square table, "I didn't know you drank..." He almost choked on his drink, "Does it bother you?" He asked worriedly. "No not really, I grew up around that kind of thing. " I crossed my arms on the table and laid my head on them.

Tanner set the beer down in front of me and pulled up a chair. "This doesn't have anything to do with bein' baptist does it?" I looked up at his face, was he serious? "Well it wasn't at first, but now that you mention it..." He started to laugh obnoxiously. Slapping his knee, he leveled his face with mine, "If anything, we both broke the rules." He winked and started to laugh again.

I blushed when I realized what he was talking about. That's right, I got laid...
I pouted and stood up, snatching the beer from the table. Without thinking, I turned it up and chugged what was left in the bottle.

Tanner looked at me, his mouth gaping open. I closed my mouth; I looked like a chipmunk with cheeks full of booze. I swallowed the bitter liquid and threw the bottle in the trash. I huffed in-between a hiccup.

He stood, grabbing my waist. "That's why I love you."
"Why cause I'm-hiccup-an alcoholic?" My body felt heavy.
"No, 'cause your gutsy. It's sexy..." He nibbled my ear.
"Tanner-hiccup- would you-hiccup-quit?" I swatted at him.
"I'm sorry, I don't speak drunk." He laughed.
"I had like-hiccup-half'a'drink." I swayed. Okay, I think I was drunk.
"Not even that..." He looked into my eyes, I could tell he had ideas other than breakfast.

"Go sit down and watch T.V, I'll make some breakfast. It'll absorb some of the alcohol." He led me towards the living room, "I can do this-hiccup-on my own!" I said, holding back a burp. I turned around to continue walking towards the couch, but instead, I fell over the back of it.

I laughed hysterically for a while before I passed out.