Chapter Thirty-Four:

"Shelby?" I heard Tanner call from the front door. He had left about a half hour ago to fetch some medicine I asked for.

He peeked through the bedroom door, "Hey, you feeling better?"

"Yeah, just my stomach hurts so bad." I half smiled and he brought in a yellow dollar store bag. He shuffled through it and pulled out some pickle chips. "Here." he handed them to me and smiled. He also pulled out some Pepto and some Tums. I thanked him and he sat down on the bed beside me. There was still a box in the bag.

"What's that?" I asked, pointing towards the bag.

I saw a flash of regret appear on his face, "Oh, it's nothing." He shoved the bag behind himself.

"No seriously, what is it?" I reached behind him and he pulled it up over my head.

"What is what?" He chuckled.

I smirked and jumped up, throwing him onto his back and straddling his waist. "Give it!" He laughed as he effortlessly kept the bag from my reach. He struggled underneath me, "Did you gain some weight or something?"

I gasped, although he wasn't wrong, I had gained a bit in the last few months. He raised his head up for a kiss and I face palmed him back into the mattress. He pulled me down onto him and I went along with it, until I was within reach of the bag. I shot up and ran to the corner of the room, dangling the bag in the air.

"Shelby!"

I smiled as I opened the bag. Tanner's hands fell to his sides and slapped his thighs. He sighed loudly and hung his head as I pulled the pink and white box out of the bag.
I looked at the box, "Pregnancy tests? What's this for?"

"Oh, I must've picked it up on accident." He fibbed.

"Tanner, they don't keep pregnancy tests by the Pepto..." I snapped. "I thought I told you I wasn't pregnant?"

"I know, I know." He rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do you? 'Cause I don't think you do." I put my hand on my hip.

"Look I'm sorry. I just had this feeling about it...I guess I was wrong." He shrugged his shoulders.

I threw the box onto the bed and looked at Tanner as he tried to slink away.

"Where are you-"

He stopped at the doorway, "At least try one, to make sure?" He paused for a short moment before walking out into the hallway.

I blew a piece of my bangs out of my face. I looked over at the box on the bed, "I do have to pee..."