Chapter Eleven:

I woke up the next morning sprawled sideways on the bed. I lifted my head and looked around for a moment before I remembered where I was. My neck was sore so I got up slowly and walked still half asleep to the bathroom across the hall. I held my neck and closed my eyes while I walked into the bathroom. I didn't hear the sink running until I had the door open. Tanner stood looking in the mirror wearing only a towel. I screeched and slammed the door closed.

I rushed back into his room and hid behind the door. I could tell my cheeks flared red. I shook away the image and reached for my clothes. They weren't there... I walked into the kitchen where Ms. Landary stood over a stove that heated pancakes. "Good morning!" She said excitedly and walked over to hug me. I smiled at her "Ms. Landary, would you happen to know where my clothes went?" She looked upwards as she thought, "Oh that's right!" She exclaimed and walked towards the coffee table in the living room. "I washed them for you." She grinned and handed them to me, along with my belt. "Thank you." I said to her, holding back a yawn.

I walked past the bathroom quickly and shut Tanners bedroom door. I slipped off the night clothes that were given to me and slipped on the ones that were actually mine. I turned to face the small mirror Tanner had on his wall and I began to put my hair in a ponytail. Even though it was put up, it still went past my shoulders. I slid my hair through my hat and pulled it down onto my head. When I turned around I noticed Tanner leaning against the door frame. I blushed,"I didn't hear the door open." He was still wearing a towel. I squealed and ran into the living room. I fell into the couch and tried to catch my breath. I buried my hands in my face until I heard a soft,husky voice. "Hungry?" I glanced at Tanner, "It depends, are you wearing clothes?" I heard him laugh, "Would you rather me not?" I shot up and pushed him out of the way. I noticed the jeans he were wearing were old, worn, and holy. "It's those jeans that make you sexy." I whispered as I walked past him.

We all sat at the table scarfing down the delicious buttermilk pancakes that Tanner's mother had prepared; Along with some bacon and eggs. I sat back into my chair and rubbed my stomach, "That was a wonderful breakfast. But I should really be on my way, can't be late for church!" I said as I stood up and took care of my plate. I saw Tanner's mother give him an evil eye, "I have to go pick up my little brother from my Maw Maw's anyway. I'll drop you off at your house." I finished washing my plate ,"You are coming to church today, right?" I questioned him. He looked down to the floor and his mother elbowed him, "Of course he is! He can give you a ride if you'd like!" I smiled at her, "Oh no ma'am it'll be fine. I can drive myself, plus I have to go get dressed." At that moment my phone rang."Excuse me." I said walking out onto the porch. "Hey momma." I said to the voice on the other line."Are you coming home sweetheart? You'll be late for church!" I laughed, "Of course momma! We are about to leave." She began to whisper,"Your not bringin' home no gran-babies are ya'?" I was surprised she had even asked that! "Momma!" I shouted and hung up the phone. I turned around to open the door, but Tanner was on his way out, he had changed his jeans and his shirt. "You ready?"