Suddenly he put his hands on my shoulders and looked right into my eyes.

"H-how far?"

"What?"

"H-how far is your soulmate to you?"

I gulped and looked down at my wrist.

20 steps.

That person is only 20 steps away from me. Why did I not notice?

"Y-yoongi-sshi? H-how far?"

"20 steps."

"W-what are you waiting for then?!"

"What?"

"D-don't you want to find out w-who your soulmate is?"

"I-"

Then suddenly I remembered what Jimin asked me back then, 'Hyung, do you not want to meet your soulmate? I understand that for now, you want to focus on your career but how about in the future hyung? Will you not look for that person then?'

Jun looks me in the eye.

"L-look Yoongi-sshi, I... I know we just met today a-and I don't want to pry b-but I don't want you to regret it. M-meeting your soulmate is pretty scary. T-trust me, I've been there, haha. B-but don't you want to know? W-Who that special person is t-that's only meant for you?  N-not everyone has a chance to meet their s-soulmate but you, you're lucky that person is a-qlready there probably waiting for you, and now is just 20 steps a-away from you."

I was taken aback by what Jun said. It slapped me from the reality that I've been trying to deny for years now.

"You're right. I don't know why I'm scared of meeting this person. But now that we're just 20 steps away from each other... we should meet... I guess that's the right thing to do. Besides, whatever we do, we can never escape the system right?"

"Y-yoongi-sshi..."

"Let's go Jun."

------

I followed the glowing white footsteps. It's becoming more vibrant as the numbers on my wrist go down.

When we reach the reception, I stopped walking and took a deep breath. I slowly lift my head and looked at the person who was engulfed in a white aura just a few steps away from me.

The moment that person suddenly locked eyes with me, my heart started beating rapidly.

What shocked me though was at the same moment we locked eyes, she started crying and it pained me to see her in such a state.

------

After the scene earlier at the office, we both decided to talk about 'being soulmates' after our work is over.

So, here I am at a coffee shop near her place. She was the on who told me to meet here since it's near her apartment.

We haven't even introduced ourselves but we're both currently having a staring contest which is kinda awkward if you ask me.

But for some odd reason, I just wanted to stare at her for some time and like make it sink in my brain that right in front of me right now, this girl, is my soulmate.

She suddenly sighed and close her eyes. I wonder what she's thinking right now. I hope I'm not making her uncomfortable.

How should I talk to her? Where do I start?

I was getting really nervous and my mind was becoming a mess as time goes by. We need to talk now or I'll get crazy with this silence.

I was about to open my mouth and talk when she suddenly opened her eyes and was about to say something as well but then the barista suddenly called up our drinks.

"Drinks for MYG!"

Ahh. What a great timing.

"I'll get that."

I told her and stand up.

As I was on my way to get our drinks, I kept wondering, what was she going to say?

I thank the barista as soon as I reached the counter, took our drinks, and carried it back out to our table.

"Here."

I gave her the cappuccino she ordered.

"Ohhh... Uhmm... Thanks.."

We silently sipped our drinks for a while.

This is harder than I thought. But we need to talk this out now so I decided to break the silence, once and for all.

It's now or never.

__________________________________________________________________________________

This chapter is dedicated to:

MadisonRudolph 💙 RyzaMaeQuijano 💜 dignavvdkleij 🤎 IamSimp_ 🖤 Varstar1234 🤍 Rashid727juju2423 🧡 ElionStar 💚 harrypotterDRARRYfam 💛 Rosie_1997 💙 Oliviya3 and WhizzBangTeam 💜

__________________________________________________________________________________