CHAPTER 38

They finally arrived and before Kgosi drove inside after the gate was opened for him, he saw the car parking two houses away from the BnB...They got out and Kgosi called Cole who came out with Marang who went to hug Dineo.
Cole: they are here?
Kgosi: yeah but don’t worry I’ll deal with them
Cole: how
Kgosi: let me call Javas
He dialed his numbers and he answered then Kgosi put it on loudspeaker.
Jabu: Igweeeeee
Cole laughed and Kgosi shook his head smiling.
Kgosi: im with Cole
Jabu: aw Khaphela le ntjebe  ( Khaphela with a beard) what’s cooking before baking
Kgosi laughed.
Cole: fotsek its Qophelo jou muur ( piss off its Qophelo you ass)
Jabu laughed.
Jabu: ka dlala....howzit nja yami ( im kidding .....how are you my dog)
Cole: hai grand mfowethu wena kuhambani ( good bro... what’s happening)
Jabu: hai nex....ke no phusha phusha wa bona ( nothing....im just hustling you see)
Cole: that’s our life foza....ukphusha pusha (hustling)
They all laughed.
Javas: so Igwe o vaile byang  ( Igwe how was your drive)
Kgosi: they are waiting outside.....im gonna take them to Atteridgeville and that’s where you come in
Javas: o lucky ke mo magriza so ereng plane? (you’re lucky im at my granny’s place so what’s the plan)
Kgosi: I want them alive....when I arrive there I want them hijacked and taken to that warehouse ya gago gona mo Atteridgeville...ke batla go ba botsisa something nyana fela wa bona (of yours that’s in Atteridgeville..... I want to ask them something )
Jabu laughed.
Jabu: sho Igwe sa wara ke metsi a mannyane ao ( don’t worry that’s an easy thing to do)
Cole: they might be armed so be careful foza
Jabu: that’s my territory nja yami....net fela mo ba tlo stopang mo teng close to boma 20 of my boys ba batsena (that’s my territory my dog..... the moment they stop close to 20 of my boys will deal with them)
Cole chuckled.
Cole: sho
Kgosi: so ke tla go tshwara ka line ge ke fitlha mo Corner House Butcher ( so I’ll call you when I arrive at Corner House Butcher)
Jabu: sho...shap fozas....ere ke tshware bo sibi baka ka line ( ok bros....let me call my puppies)
They laughed.
Cole: hola hola
They ended the call.
Cole: are you ok King?
Kgosi sighed.
Kgosi: had a fight with Mmabontle and it wasn’t pretty at all
Cole: damn....i hope she didn’t swear at you man
He said chuckling.
Kgosi: all you have to know is I put her in her place
Cole chuckled stealing a glance at Dineo who was busy laughing with Marang.
Cole: just take it easy on her man.....she needs discipline I agree and most of the time she’s disrespectful as fuck but remember who she is to you and who she’s carrying, that should make you punish her the right way
Kgosi cleared his throat when he thought about what he said to her....he didn’t want to tell Cole what really happened, Dineo bruised his ego and also disrespected him to the core so talking about that was a no no especially to Cole cause he knows he won’t hear the end of it.
Kgosi: let me get going wena take the ladies to a supermarket apparently Marang’s mother ke mmadichilana nyana( is untidy) so they need to buy some things
Cole laughed.
Cole: well ntokazi already told me about the supermarket but the mmadichilana part is the first time im hearing about it
Kgosi chuckled.
Kgosi: only one person can say that
Cole: Queen Dee
They both laughed.
Kgosi: let me get going.....I’ll see you later
Cole: be careful man
Kgosi: always....ooh kane thaima le uncle batile go fitha nako mang ( when will your father and uncle arrive)
Cole chuckled shaking his head.
Cole: dude choose which Setswana you want to speak...the “tl” Setswana or the “th” Setswana....you’re confusing us man
Kgosi chuckled pushing him.
Kgosi: tsek
Cole laughed.
Cole: anyway they’ll be here later on around 7
Kgosi: ok shap...keep them safe
He said looking at the ladies then he went to his car, got in and started it then he reversed out....Dineo’s heart broke a bit when she saw Kgosi leave just like that without saying anything to her.

----------

Things have been bad for Vuyiswa, she had to sell some of her clothes and expensive jewelries to be able to sponsor her daughter’s coming birthday....she called Zakhele but each time he heard that it’s her he’ll just drop the call... it got to a point where he ended up blocking her numbers...... and now they are worse cause Zakhele served her with divorce papers...she couldn’t believe it, even now she’s still in denial that Zakhele served her with divorce papers cause she never thought he had it in him.....she called her mother for advice cause she was losing it and her mother made her realize that Zakhele’s mother might be behind this so now she’s busy calling Zakhele’s  numbers using another simcard hoping he doesn’t drop the call on her this time around.....the phone rang and it was answered.
Zakhele: hello
He said with low tone.
Vuyi: so vele undi blocking Zakhele ( so its true you blocked me Zakhele)
He sighed.
Zakhele: ufunani Vuyiswa ( what do you want Vuyiswa)
Vuyi: uthi ndifunantoni Zakhele....uthi ndifunantoni....ndingumfazi wakho sdidi ndini (you’re asking me what do I want Zakhele.....you’re asking me what do I want....im you’re wife you fool)....your wife.... what sort of stupid question is that!
She shouted at him and he sighed....he didn’t have time for her or her disrespectful rants....he was going through the most so he didn’t need all this.
Vuyi:  your daughter’s birthday is coming up and it’s like you don’t care and worse part is I know you won’t even contribute a cent to her party...what kind of a father are you heh....i didn’t fuck myself to pregnancy so I will not struggle to care for you daughter alone while you’re there sucking on your mother’s tits uyandiva ( you hear me)
Zakhele laughed a bit.
Zakhele: I already called her and I promised her I’ll send her some money to go spoil herself...anything else
He said with a cool tone and she clicked her tongue.
Vuyi: how can you send her the money when im her mother
Zakhele: Vuyiswa ufunani ( Vuyiswa what do you want).....i want to rest so say your piece then drop the fucken call
She chuckled bitterly.
Vuyi: you send me divorce papers Zakhele....after everything you did to me you still have the nerve to send me divorce papers....you froze your accounts even though you know im a house wife....ucinga ndizoyifumana phi imali yokondla umntwana wakho heh ( where do you think I will get the money to feed your child)
Zakhele: exactly...i froze my accounts... when you sighed that pre-nup contract you thought you’ll use umuthi kimi( witchcraft on me) so I do as you say until Jesus comes angithi...you thought I’ll be your puppet until I die...well guess what my eyes are opened now so reap what you sow mthakathi ( witch).....from now on we communicate through our lawyers
Vuyi: UYINJA ZAKHELE....UYINJA ENGENAMSEBENZI....SDENGE SENDODA (you are a dog Zakhele....a useless dog....a fool of a man) .....YOU ARE USELESS AND LET ME TELL YOU THAT EVIL MOTHER OF YOU WILL LEAD YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL NDIYAKUXELELA ( im telling you)....ONE OF THESE DAYS YOU’LL COME BEGGING ME TO TAKE YOU BACK
Zakhele: EVEN QOPHELO NEVER BEGGED YOU TO TAKE HIM BACK WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I WILL....YOU HAD ME ARRESTED FOR SOMETHING I DIDN’T DO AND NOW IM PARALYZED  AND ON TOP OF IT ALL YOU MADE ME RAISE A CHILD THAT IS NOT MINE....
Vuyi: excuse me?
She interrupted him.
Zakhele: I FUCKEN KNOW ABOUT VUYELWA YOU BITCH.....AND TO THINK I THOUGHT MAZWI IS THE ONE THAT’S NOT MINE....UYINJA VUYISWA ( you’re a dog Vuyiswa).....A WITCH!
He laughed bitterly, he was now angry even the pains he felt on his body subsided as the anger he felt overshadowed them.
Zakhele: YOU BETTER SIGN THOSE PAPERS OR I’LL DRAG YOUR NAME IN THE MUD IN COURT....EVERYONE WILL KNOW THE KIND OF WHORE YOU ARE THAT SLEPT WITH BROTHERS AND PINNED ME WITH A PREGNANCY THAT ISN’T MINE......I NEGLECTED MY FLESH AND BLOOD TWINS FOR YOUR  USELESS ASS AND YOU BETRAYED ME YOU BITCH.....COLE WAS RIGHT ABOUT YOU....HE WAS FUCKEN RIGHT AND I SHOULD’VE BELIEVED HIM!
He roared over the phone and Vuyiswa gasped and the line went quiet a bit.
Zakhele: yes I know about Vuyelwa not being mine......
Then he chuckled.
Zakhele: I love that little girl and I don’t have it in me to hate her or even neglect her
Vuyi: Zak look i...
Zakhele: voetsek....never call me again nxa
Then he dropped the call and she threw her phone on top of the bed with her shaking hands.
Vuyi: ooh God....ooh God
Then her phone beeped indicating that she received a message...she took it and opened it and it read;

“ you have until Monday to sign those divorce papers or I’ll fucken destroy you”
The message was from Zakhele....she swallowed hard and took her phone then she made a call.
Voice: hello
Vuyi: I need your help, its urgent
Voice: who’s this
Vuyi: its Vuyiswa Asa
Voice: ooh its you...... so you just call me out of the blue after a long time to say you need my help....uphambene Vuyiswa! ( you are crazy Vuyiswa)
Vuyi: its...its about your daughter Asavela torho
He kept quiet a bit.
Asa: ooh so now she’s my daughter
Vuyi: I did you a favor Asa so don’t start with me....you are also married and you know how crazy that ass-less bitch you are married to is.....now help me or I’ll let her know you have a daughter younger than your last born and let’s see how you’ll explain that to her heartless father
Asavela breathed out.
Asa: uyinja Vuyiswa rha!!!!( you’re a dog Vuyiswa)
Vuyi: voetsek nguwe inja ( you’re the one who’s a dog)....now what is it gonna be?
Asa: fine.....I’ll come to Joburg ngomso (tomorrow)
Vuyi: that’s more like it...shap
Asa: mxm
He dropped the call and she breathed out.

----------

Kgosi walked inside the room the guys were held in whistling and found Jabu’s boys ( only four of them....the rest Jabu told them to go back to work) tying them upside down from the roof..... he stood there watching as the guys finished tying them then Jabu walked in holding something and Kgosi laughed.
Jabu: mfeng wa peke for Igwe ( a wooden plank for Igwe)
Kgosi continued to laugh.
Kgosi: you know me too well
Jabu: gape was tsamaya ka die deng....o roba kgopo motho a kake diphio le dibete ( you’re dangerous with this thing....you break people’s ribs to a point that they shit out kidneys and livers?
Laughter!.
Jabu: ka le chaela masoja....die man o kotsi ka die deng ( im telling you soldiers....this guy is dangerous with this thing)
Guy1: ong  gopotsa Sdumo le Laqhasha..... Laqhasha a le busy a re “khokhela sbali” ( he reminds me of Sdumo and Raitlhwana... Raitlhwana busy saying “pay up bro”)
More laughter.
Jabu: aah mxm kneecap es fokol mo yena....one hit o utlwe e re kgotlho tsosi e goelle e re mma yooooh ( a kneecap is nothing to him....one hit you hear a thug screaming out loud busy saying mama yooooh)
More laughter and Kgosi just shook his head....he almost forgot how crazy Jabu is.
Tibi: please don’t kill me magrootman ka le fraiza assomblief ( im begging you please)
He said crying and they looked at him then busted out with loud laughter.
Jabu: a reng o le dikgopo ekare mpya ke gonnye ke tlala ( what is this guy saying with visible ribs as if he’s  a starving dog)
Laughter.
Lebby: you don’t know who you’re messing with.....he’s gonna hunt you all down and kill you in the most painful way
One of the guys punched him on his gut and he gasped for air for some time then he coughed repeatedly.
Kgosi: its ok man...I’ll take it from here
The guys moved away from the three guys and stood at a distance watching.....Kgosi went to the weakest amongst them and poked him with a round hard wooden plank.
Kgosi: who are you and why are you following me?
Lebby: voetsek.... msunu ka nyoko! ( piss off.... your mother’s cunt)
Kgosi looked at him as his face changed to a bone chilling look that even frightened Jabu’s boys while Jabu frowned.....Kgosi went to Lebby.
Kgosi: o reng? ( what did you just say)
Lebby: ke re mo...so...no wa...mmao ( I said your mother’s cunt)
Then he laughed then out of the blue Kgosi swung the wooden plank and it hit Lebby on his left side of his face so hard that even two of his back teeth flew out of his mouth accompanied by blood and he passed out immediately.
Guys: fuck!
Jabu laughed looking at Lebby passed out with blood coming out of his mouth....then Kgosi went back to Tibi who was now shaking and crying.
Tibi: please don’t hurt me boss...please I have an 18 months old baby and im a single parent....im begging you
He begged Kgosi with his polished English.
Kgosi: now answer my question
Tibi: my...my name is Donald Tebello Mokgoshi and I only know him as Lebby and the other guy is Mrekza I also don’t know his real name
He said with a shaky voice.
Kgosi: who send you?
He asked him walking around him while he held the plank with his right hand and the other end of it was resting on his right shoulder.
Tibi: Sca....Scarface send us to tail you for three weeks then....
He cried and Kgosi stopped walking.
Kgosi: then what?
Tibi: please im sorry....i didn’t wanna do this but I needed the money to feed my mother and my daughter.....im...im a graduate but I can’t find decent work and I don’t have the capital to start my own business so I joined his gang to make some money so I can support my mother and daughter and also start a business....i swear I didn’t wanna do this, I’ve never even held a gun or killed someone before
He spoke fast and Kgosi poked him with the wooden plank.
Kgosi: hey hey answer my fucken question and stop giving me your life struggles....VOETSEK!
Tibi cried.
Tibi: Lebby told me after the tailing we...we gonna kill the lady you were with and shoot you but we shouldn’t kill you cause some royal princess and Scar have a plan for you
Jabu: hai yah neh
He shook his head.
Tibi: please grootman please don’t kill me...im sorry I got involved in this please
He pleaded and Kgosi walked around swinging the plank around with a serious look on his face...the next thing the plank landed on Tibi’s back and he screamed out loud.... Kgosi kept on hitting him hard all over his body for some time while Tibi screamed feeling extreme pain....the last swing landed on Tibi face and he passed out immediately.
Kgosi: take him down
He ordered the guys as he wiped blood from the plank on Tibi’s jeans and the four guys quickly took Tibi down looking scared....the sound they heard as the plank got in contact with Tibi’s body still rang in their heads and it was some traumatizing shit I tell you.
Kgosi: and why is this motherfucker still out
He said poking Mrekza.
Guy2: i... o kreile marago a sthunya mo morago ga mghibana ( he got hit by the back of a gun on the back of his head)
Jabu: mokolobetse ka metsi moo ( pour him with water)
One of the guys went outside and came back with a bucket full of water and he poured it on his face and Mrekza woke up gasping for air.

----------

Cole parked outside the yard and he got out....Marang and Dineo followed and Cole opened the boot of his car and took the groceries out and he went inside the yard and put them by the locked door.
Dineo: o ready? ( are you ready?)
Marang shook her head no.
Dineo: well you should be ngwanapapa cause we are already here
Marang sighed.
Marang: eish
Cole came back and Marang’s mother walked to the front yard from the backyard  when he heard voices in the front yard  and she stood there with her hands on her waist with a displeased look on her face......Marang looked at her then she swallowed hard then Cole pulled her closer and kissed her forehead.
Cole: its just until tomorrow and you’ll never set foot here ok
She nodded and he hugged her tight then he whispered to her ear.
Cole: I love you Ntokazi and come rain or sunshine you’ll be mine tomorrow.....take care of yourself and my son ok
She nodded then they broke the hug and he kissed her forehead again then he went to Dineo and hugged her too then he whispered to her ear too.
Cole: take care of yourself and my niece ok 
She nodded and he broke the hug and kissed her forehead too.
Cole: don’t let her get to you and call if things gets too much
Dineo: sa wara re tlo ba shap ( don’t worry we will be fine)
Cole: and nothing better happen to my son and niece
He got inside his car and drove off.
Sarah: hei wena Marang a se pleke ya bo gosha eo.....oska tlisa bofebe ba gao mo pele ga jarata ya ka nx ( hei Marang this is not a place you do your prostitution at....don’t bring your whoring ways in front of my yard nx)
She shouted.
Marang: and the insults starts
She sighed.
Dineo: she better respects herself or else ko ntshetsa stress mo yena shem nx ( or else I’ll take out my stress on her)
They walked inside the yard.
Marang: let me go and open the front door
Dineo nodded and she went to stand next to the plastics full of groceries and Marang went to where her mother was.
Marang: mama o kae? ( how are you ma)
Sarah: GE ONTEBELLETSE KE TSHWANNA KE GO NNA MMAO NNA....NX NYANYA MO NNA.... VOETSEK! ( when you look at me do I look like your mother....nx busy saying nyanya to me....piss off)
She then looked up and down at Marang with a disgusted look on her face and she clicked her tongue again.
Dineo: heh sfebe se sa di chubaba tsentsho o nteka tumelo ka mmao ( this bitch with black patches on her face is testing me)
She said to herself getting angry..... as for Marang she swallowed hard with tears in her eyes and she walked passed her making sure her mother doesn’t see her when they run down her cheeks.... as soon as  she walked inside the house they fell and  she wiped them fast and she did breathe ins and out trying to calm down....she made a face when the smell of rat shit and pee filled her nostrils....she looked over at the sink  and it was full of dirty dishes and she sighed....this was embarrassing for her....she took a step forward and she saw a rat running from one steel cupboard to another one that didn’t have a door and she jumped a bit....she held her chest trying to calm down then she quickly proceeded to the dining room....before she left this place the were no rats in the house and it was always clean but now judging by the horrible smell inside the rats owned the house.

----------

AT THE HOSPITAL

Zakhele opened his eyes when he felt that someone was standing next to his hospital bed and who he saw made his heart stop beating for a second.
Zakhele: no....no....you’re dead...you’re dead
He said with almost a whisper looking shit scared.
.
.
.

   TO BE CONTINUED!!!!