Harry Collapsed lung

Can you actually fuck off?"

Jordan Sparks' No Air fills the room as a nurse stands over Harry, adjusting the oxygen tank he's been hooked up to.

"Whatever do you mean?" Louis says, eyes wide, feigning innocence, but he still turns the music off.

"I actually hate you," Harry replies, his breathing deep and laboured.

"Mask back on," the nurse says firmly, tapping on the plastic oxygen mask that rests below Harry's chin.

Harry pouts at being chastised but still complies before giving Louis the finger and turning over onto his side to face away from him.

"So I take the time out of my day to sit with my friend in a hospital because his lung just had to collapse and this is how he bloody repays me," he says and then sighs dramatically, he's joking, mostly, but he also wants Harry to take pity on him and give him some change to go buy a pack of monster munch at the WHsmiths in the reception. He'd share them with Harry of course, he's not a complete arse.

"Oh I'm sorry, I'll try to keep it to myself the next time," He's trying his hardest to sound offended but Louis can practically hear the smile in his voice.

Louis turns his nose up and says coldly, "See to it that you do."

Louis can joke about it now but just a few short hours ago he was a wreck.

Harry had had a cough all week and nobody had thought anything of it. Outside of the boys calling him a wuss whenever he complained about it, they'd scarcely mentioned it.

However earlier today, while they had all been enjoying a day lazing around in the sun, he said he had a weird pain in his chest and couldn't catch his breath. This paired with the bluish tint his skin had taken on despite the late spring sun, had forced Louis into a panic.

He'd had Niall and Zayn googling Harry's symptoms, he instructed Liam to call 999, while he himself watched Harry to make sure he was okay. Harry had eventually had to be the one to calm Louis down because he'd worked himself into such a tizzy.

"Lou, everything is going to be fine, okay?" He'd said, rubbing his hand up and down Louis' arm. "The ambulance is going to be here soon and take us to the hospital. I will be fine."

Louis had hated it at the time. He hated how Harry had to comfort him, when he should have been the one freaking out. Looking back though, he can't be angry. It's just so typically Harry, taking the time to make Louis feel safe, even when he's in pain.

When the ambulance had arrived and said that only one of them could go with him Louis had practically dove into the back of the van. None of the other boys had argued, while the five of them had been bestfriends since their first year at uni, they all knew that Harry and Louis were the closest.

They'd arrived at the Manchester Royal Infirmary's heaving A&E three hours ago and were told that Harry's lung had collapsed and would have to stay under observation for the rest of the day and would require extra oxygen.

And Louis being Louis, had obviously gotten bored just watching his friend breathe for three hours, so had taken to fucking with him. So far he's played Kanye's Breathe in, Breathe out, Anna Nalick's Breathe and a plethora of other songs he'd found about breathing but he was starting to run out. At first it was just to entertain himself but the mildly annoyed but amused look on Harry's face every time he played a song made Louis' heart swell.

Once the nurse leaves, Louis starts to look for another song to play and finds the perfect one.

"Every breath you take, every move you make..."