Harry asthma attack on stage (6)

there's something beeping when Harry comes to, which seems to be in sync with his heartbeat somehow. There's also an overwhelming smell of antiseptic and cleaning products

An uncomfortable beeping noise reached his ears. His head was most likely going to explode. Or at least that's what he felt. His side emitted a sharp pain, and he was quite sure he wasn't fond of it. He opened his heavy eyelids slowly. His vision was blurry as he looked around the spinning room. Pure white walls, a bed with white sheets on and a wooden door, as well as a chair. An occupied chair.

Harry wakes up in his hospital room. He assumes it's a hospital room because he's lying in a hospital bed, hooked up to a network of machines that supervise his vital signs and administer chemical supplements. The transparent liquid might be morphine, or a sedative, or a concoction of essential vitamin and minerals.

"You're awake!" The chestnut-haired young man boomed in excitement. "Harry!"

Harry shut his eyes. His head hurt and Louis' loud calls weren't helping.

Louis hadn't wanted to take his eyes off of Harry's. He wanted to know the moment he woke up; wanted him to know he was there. And when one of his eyes finally slipped open it was just as unfocused as when it had closed.

"Hi there," Louis said. Both Harry's eyes eventually found his.

Harry attempted a smile but the tape holding the breathing tube in place pulled at his skin. Realization stared to sink in. One of his hand shot up as quickly as the anesthetic would allow and immediately tried to pull the offending tube away.

"Hey now, we'll have none of that." Louis said and took both his hands in hisown. "Shh, you're fine. It's okay. You don't like the tube, I know, but it has to stay for now, okay?"

Harry tried to pull his hands away from Louis', his brow furrowed, eyes pleading.

"Okay?" Louis repeated. He closed his eyes again and instead of pulling away, he squeezed his hand.

Harry feels cloudy, foggy. Breathing feels . . . weird. His throat feels stuffy, odd, as though it weren't there at all, and he can't swallow. Everything feels so very heavy. There's no pain, not exactly. It feels almost like an out-of-body experience. He tries to move but can only twitch his fingers.

He tries to nod to Louis anyway

"I'm not going to leave, Harry," They stay like that, just looking at each other, before Harry closes his eyes. Louis watches as his breathing evens out, how his shoulders drop, how his grip on Louis' hand goes slack.

Louis stays.

Really short but hope you guys liked it otherwise i would be stuck on this fic forever