Harry asthma attack on stage (4)

Brain hypoxia? Wait. What is he talking about? Harry only suffered from an asthma attack right? Not something with his brain... this does not make any sense - but neither is the word Brain Hypoxia... what the hell does that even mean? Louis thinks to himself after hearing the diagnosis from the doctor. But as soon he wants to ask the doctor about it Anne replies.

"Brain hypoxia w-what does that mean?," Anne interrupts, voice heavy and trembling while her tears are making a slow appearance.

"It means that your sons brain wasn't getting enough oxygen. This occured when your son was suffering from a severe asthma attack. When he was brought in Harry was struggling to let out a simple breath. The breathing tubes in Harry's chest were squeezing tightly shut and filling with mucus, blocking his vital oxygen supply. "

The Doctor pauses for a bit as Anne sobbed on to Gemma with squeezed eyes. Gemma, tries to wipe away her tears, face heavy and mind torn.

Louis effortfully keeps from crying loud, letting his vision get blurred and tries to listen to the doctors words.

"-We tried to stabilize him with drugs who were supposed to help the muscles around Harry's airways to relax but there was a problem. The mucus was stopping the drugs from reaching his blood supply. His body was not responding to the treatments and medications at all. After that he started showing symptoms of brain hypoxia including temporary memory loss, reduced ability to move his body and difficulty with paying attention meaning that the oxygen supply in his brain had disappeared while he was slowly losing his consciousness. Brain cells are very sensitive to a lack of oxygen as a result it can cause severe brain damage or death within five to ten minutes. However we noticed the symptoms in time so we immediately intubated him meaning we've had to place him on a ventilator. He's also been given a high dose of medicines to sedate him to help him relax so he feels more comfortable. Harry is now stable, for the most part.

"So will he be okay or not?"

"I haven't had much time to assess the level of brain damage. Because he hasn't regained consciousness yet, nor shown any signs of waking up. Recovering from brain hypoxia depends largely on how long your brain has gone without oxygen. As I said earlier we've noticed it time but that doesn't mean he wont suffer form the after effects.

"After effects? What kind of after effects?"

"Well, your son may have recovery challenges that eventually hopefully will resolve. The potential challenges include: insomnia, hallucinations, amnesia, muscle spams and seizures."

As soon as the words fell out of the doctors tongue Louis felt sick to his stomach. No this can't be happening for real. Harry who was having the time of his life on stage a few hours ago is now suffering from brain damage. It was so much worse than Louis thought.

None of this makes sense to him. Harry is young and healthy, always forcing Louis to eat vegtables or something else healty intestad of his loved greasy food. Harry shouldn't even have fucking asthma in the first place it is not what he deserves.

He shakes his head in disbelief. This isn't happening. This did not fucking happen to Harry, right?

He pinches his arm trying to get out if this miserable nightmare but it's not working he is still in the same room with Anne, Gemma, Liam and Niall who are now stilenty sobbing while holding eachother arms.

Fuck.

He is freaking out right now. He needs to get away from this bullshit, his stomach is turning and he can literally feel his heart pounding against his sterunum. He is not paying any attention to what the doctor is saying because the only thing he hears is the blood pumping aginst his eardrums.