Sick in public (Louis)

"What kind of cereal do you want? I think we should go for something with a little less sugar and dyes, I know those are your favorites, but these have SO MUCH sugar on them Lou,  so—Louis? Are you listening to me?"

Louis shrugged. "For fooks sake Harry, just bring the fookin cocoa puffs I don't care'"

Harry rolled his eyes. "You're a lot of help." Moving down the aisle, Harry grabbed two boxes of their usual cereal and dropped them into the cart.

Louis rubbed the front of his T-shirt, trying to be discreet. His face was pale, and Harry had known going in that his boyfriend didn't feel good.

"Stomach still bothering you?"

"I'm nauseous," Louis said, nodding.

Harry stopped, scrutinizing him. "Uh oh. Do you feel like you're going to be sick? Do we need to leave?" He was already stepping away, planning to abandon the cart in the middle of the store.

"I don't think so. But can we speed it up, just in case?"

"I'm on it," Harry assured. He knew how mortifying it would be for both of them, but especially Louis, if he got sick in front of all these people. "I'll go grab the milk, cheese, and eggs if you can go back and get bread and pickles. When you're done, meet me in lane seven."

Louis snorted, and Harry was glad to have gotten a little smile out of him. Seven, Harry said, was his lucky number, and therefore he insisted he always went to the same lane to pay for groceries.

He watched Louis' back until he disappeared around the corner, and then stirred his shopping cart through the rest of the store.

After grabbing his intended items, he went to the front of the store to wait for Louis. And he waited, and waited, and waited. He waited for several minutes and even tried to call him, but there was still no sign of Louis.

Getting a bad feeling about Louis' absence, he left the checkout lanes and headed toward the opposite end of the store. Maybe Louis had gotten sick after all, but Harry decided he would check the bread aisle first before searching elsewhere.

His eyes scanned up and down the rows as he went, looking for any indication that Louis had been through there. Seeing nothing, he rounded the corner of the bread aisle and froze.

Louis was there, as was a crowd of people, all making a wide berth around his boyfriend.

Harry gasped and sprinted forward. "Louis!"

Louis' face was white, his hand still planted firmly atop his stomach. There was a growing puddle of sick at his feet and his entire front was dripping with vomit.

"Oh, baby," Harry cooed, putting a hand on his shoulder. "I'm so sorry. Come on, let's get out of here."

Louis shook his head weakly, burping up another stream of puke that barely missed Harry's gucci loafers.

Harry rubbed his back. "You're okay. Don't worry—no one's even looking."

It was the biggest lie Harry had ever told in his whole life. Half the store stood around gawking, most with looks of disgust on their faces. He kept it all to himself for now, not wanting Louis to worry about anything else right.

Louis threw up another trickle of vomit and leaned back against the shelf while he caught his breath.

"Do you think you're finished?"

Louis shook his head, looking absolutely miserable. "Not yet...but I want to go home..."

Harry couldn't help but give him a sympathetic smile. "Of course. Let's get out of here."

He grabbed Louis' hand and towed him along toward the exit, grabbing a handful of empty grocery bags on the way out.

comment for requests or your opinions xx