A new family member

It's been months since Harry has seen England, but the second his plane touches down, it's like he never even left. The flight from LA to London is miserable and awful and excruciating but Harry isn't even bothered, because he's about to go home to Louis for the first time in what feels like decades, and he's so happy about it he could cry.

Admittedly, it's not just Louis he's excited to see. There's a certain little someone that Louis picked up from the breeder while he was gone, and he's dying to meet her.

Harry's been asking for a kitten for years, but they're both so busy, and then Louis went and got a dog, and the kitten plan went out the window for a little while. Ever since they got Clifford, though, Harry's been aching for a pet of his own, and now that he's done with his tour, he has all the time in the world to spend with the sweet little girl Louis so graciously picked up for him after Harry found her online. Louis's been sending pictures every day since he brought her home, and she's so cute Harry could cry, he absolutely cannot wait to meet her.

He gets picked up from the airport in a sleek black SUV, and there's a bit of rush hour traffic on the way back to his and Louis's house, but he's home within the hour. The driver helps him carry his luggage up to the door and then Harry lets himself inside, dragging his bags in behind him.

"Welcome home!" Louis shouts, scaring Harry nearly out of his skin. Harry looks up just in time for Louis to crash into him, hugging him tight. "I missed you so much," Louis says, speaking directly into his neck.

"Hi," Harry breathes, holding Louis close and letting the door swing shut behind him. "God, I missed you too."

"How was tour?" Louis asks, but he still hasn't pulled away, and Harry is absolutely not going to be the first to let go, so he mumbles his answer into Louis's shoulder.

"Tour was good," he says, pressing his nose into Louis's jumper to get a whiff of that familiar scent he's missed so much. "I really-"

He cuts off with a yelp, a sharp, piercing pain in his ankle startling him right out of Louis's arms. He jumps back quickly, looking down at his attacker, finding the tiny, adorable thing that Louis's been sending him pictures of for weeks staring up at him. She's the smallest thing Harry's ever seen, a little Persian kitten, only a couple months old, and Harry's been in love with her since the first time he saw a picture of her.

"Oh," Harry grins, squatting to look at the kitten. "Hello, Plum."

The kitten darts behind Louis, peeking out at him from around Louis's ankle. Harry pouts, looking up at Louis.

"It's because she doesn't know you yet," Louis says, reaching down to carefully pick up the kitten. She's so little, only a bit bigger than Louis's hand, and he cradles her to his chest carefully. "Plum, say hi to your dad."

Harry stands up, heart already bursting at the sight of Louis, his beautiful, tiny, sweet creature, holding an even more beautiful, tinier, sweeter creature.

"I'm your dad," Harry says softly, extending his hand to Plum for her to have a sniff. Plum considers for a moment, looks up at Louis, and then bites Harry's finger.

"Ow!" Harry shrieks, pulling his hand away quickly. He's not bleeding, but Plum's teeth are incredibly sharp, he feels like he's been stabbed with ten tiny needles. "Jesus, Lou, I thought we were getting a cat, not a demon."

"I swear she's been a perfect angel this whole time!" Louis says, frowning down at Plum. "She's probably just protecting me, she has no idea who you are."