Louis nightmare

Louis' eyes snapped open. He didn't jerk up from the pillow, allowing the dream to sink into his memory a bit before finally sitting up, arranging the pillows and propping up against them. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes with his fists before turning to glance at the clock on the nightstand. It was three a.m. There was still another three hours before Harry was scheduled to land in LA. just in the nick of time to grab a coffee and be shuffled off to the studio for an interview. There would be no time for cuddles or kisses - a fact that made Louis sad. But it was what it was. He was sure he and Harry would make up for it when they did have the chance. But still, the memories of that bad dream played through his head as if on a reel.

Louis wasn't prone to bad dreams. He hadn't had a bad dream in years - at least not one he remembered. The vivid images of Harry's plane crashing into the ocean played through his head over, and over, and over again. Louis realized he was shaking. He wanted Harry. He needed Harry. Instead, he made his way out of the bed and over to the dresser where his pack of cigarettes and lighter set. He hadn't been smoking as much as he used to - a fact he prided himself on. But he needed a cigarette - or five - after that dream.

He made his way out to the balcony and tapped a cigarette from the carton. He held it to his lips and shakily flicked the lighter once, twice, three times until the cigarette finally lit. He took a deep inhale of the smoke, allowing it to burn at his tongue and throat. Louis exhaled, watching the smoke swirl out in front of him. It was calming. That's why he'd taken it up in the first place. It eased his anxiety when he was dealing with Eleanor last year, and still on days when he was really stressed, Louis found himself reaching for a cigarette. It calmed it. It cleared his head. But even though he wasn't shaking anymore, he still kept replaying the images of his nightmare in his head.

He knew logically Harry was fine. Harry was probably sleeping on the plane, bundled up in an expensive blanket with his earphones sliding to the side of his head as he listened his goddamn whale sounds of summat. He was probably snoring peacefully - though he'd never admit to it - and he was safe. But that didn't stop the images from playing in Louis' head. It hadn't stopped his mind for creating the nightmare in the first place. Louis killed his cigarette in the ashtray before sliding the glass doors open and ducking back into the hotel room. He put the cigarettes and lighter back on the dresser. He knew if he just sat outside, he'd go through the pack and no. He wasn't going to let himself do that. Not again anyway.

Louis made his way over to his suitcase and pulled out the green Packers sweatshirt. It was Harry's and whenever Louis had to travel without Harry, Harry would wear the sweatshirt to sleep in for the week before, then pack it for Louis. It always smelled like Harry and Louis loved it. It was his security blanket so to speak. He shook out the sweatshirt before stripping out of his white undershirt and pulling the sweatshirt over his head. It smelled so much like Harry and Louis wrapped himself in a hug. The sweatshirt was quite big on him. It fell just above his knees and he looked like was drowning in it but he loved it and out of everything they owned between them, this was his favorite piece of clothing.

Louis crawled back into bed. He kept the light on the nightstand on as he reached for his phone and began to flick through various apps and pages before pulling up his saved audio clips. They always recorded their voices on their phone for the other to listen to while they were apart. Louis clicked one of the audio clips.

"Looou," Harry's drawl echoed from the phone, "I love you sooo much Looou Bear! You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I am so lucky to have you. You are - "

"My sun, my moon, and all my stars..."

Louis jerked up from his phone. There, in the doorway of the hotel room, holding two bags of luggage in his hands, was Harry, reciting the familiar declaration of love he'd recorded for Louis.