Luffy just dangled there, continuing to be hit and tortured.

As more blood sprayed the ground from the deep gashes on Luffy's face.

Ace, Luffy's precious older brother, could only feel more tears well up. His body now shaking violently as he hunched over and closed his eyes, he didn't want to watch. Despite him knowing he has to, for Luffy. Yet, seeing his baby brother, bleeding, and nearly dying because of his stubbornness. It hurt deeply.

Ace never realized how long it took them....

To save Luffy.

The poor boy could barely even move his body when they came.

The gloves, that had been black when brought in, had now turned into a deep red and were now dripping the ruby liquid onto the ground as Porchemy kept going, determined to make him talk, though it was clear that Luffy wasn't going to say a word.

Sabo couldn't, he just couldn't, his body screamed and begged for him to run forward. To strike the pole onto the man despite this being a memory.

And that what it was,

A memory.

A traumatic one,
on some nights, he would hear Luffy toss and turn as he would mutter about the gloves. Sabo, at the time would only turn his body to gaze at his little brother's face. This was in the past, a memory he took with him. (This is based on how it would have been if they didn't skip passed days and such in the manga/anime. Psychologically speaking, Luffy would be severely traumatized from that torture-A/N)

Dragon's eyes stared at the gloves that had turn into a deep red from the amount of times Luffy was hit.

His eyes never leaving it as it was swung repeatedly at Luffy. His son's poor little body. A feeling of regret washed through him.

'I'm sorry' he thought out to his son.

Thatch and his crew all felt themselves reaching for their weapons. All desperately wanting to kill the man.

Thatch's eyes leaves the bloody gloves and onto the poor boys body. The very same body that grew and went through hell in trying to save his brother. He saw it. All of it. He had watched over his crew during that battle.

He felt himself swallow a lump as images of the boy screaming up to the sky, crying as his dead brother laid in front of him.

'That was the life of a pirate' Thatch thought a bit bitterly. But Ace went down fighting, fighting for the very thing he held precious. His greatest treasure.

His baby brother.

"Spit it out already!" Porchemy yelled, panting heavily.

A man with a sling attached to his arm and neck raised one hand up, feeling pity for the very child that they took to torture, "P-P-Porchemy-san! It's no use doing it anymore!"

He steps forward shaking as he points to Luffy, "He doesn't have the energy to even scream now!"

Luffy hung limply, to weak to even cry out now as he shakes, his small body shaking at small hiccups that exit out of him. His closed eyes peaked open revealing tears that he held back. The man now yelled,

"I bet he won't say anything and to be honest I can't stand watching it, it's too cruel!" the man went on. "Show some mercy!"

"Just stop! Let him go!!" Chopper yelled crying as snot fell from his nose. Usopp nods his head frantically, agreeing as he too felt snot falling from his nose.