Chapter 42: Knight In Shining Armor

Start from the beginning

Oh so that's Ace. Katie's boyfriend. Nathan apparently helped Ace, took him in.

Anne let out a small sound and I watched a guy jump to her roof and land on his stomach before grabbing her hand as she hung off the roof.

Michael was below and ready to catch if she fell. That guy pulled Anne up though and stood staring at her with a warning look.

"I'm okay!" She called to Michael.

The guy headed back to his roof and I couldn't help but think he was handsome. He looks a little like Viktor. "Who's that knight in shining armor?" I asked Melissa who stared ahead and laughed.

She rolled her eyes, "Valdus. He had a thing for Anne for a while. That's over. I hope. He's got his eye on Lana now. Hopefully it stays there. Michael could easily kick Valdus's ass." She said gesturing to the fact Michael definitely looked deadlier.

I smirked and watched Anne finish the last of it.

"She used to have wings?" I asked aloud.

Nevana smiled, "The most breath taking wings. Massive and they dragged behind her like some fallen angel of some sort." She said sitting back.

Wow.

I wish I could've seen them.

"When do you think Nyx will be back and furious?" I asked and they both sighed, "Soon." Melissa said.

Anne dropped down into Michaels arms and he brushed off the chalk on her pants before kissing her lips a few times.

I hope they stay together forever.

Viktors POV:

Tying the knot, I pulled the wood board up into place and Sam began to nail gun it down.

"Viktor?"

I stared back at Nevana and felt my heart shake but looked to Sam who gave me a nod that he's got this.

Walking her to a less crowded and loud area, I watched her stare up at me and smile softly, "Thank you for that. But I have to tell Melissa. I think it'd be best if we were both there when we told her." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

Shit.

I had to do it eventually.

Sighing, I gave a nod. "Let's go." I said gesturing for her to lead the way.

She walked ahead and I shook off some
sawdust before we went up the stairs to our room.

Melissa was changing Belle and the room was thankfully empty.

I shut the door and Nevana walked over and nervously sat on the bed. Melissa looked to her and smiled before looking to me and then back at Nevana. She finished putting Belles clothes on and I felt sick.

I felt the entire world spin.

God, I can't lose her.

She gave a soft smile, "What's this about?" She asked quietly.

I looked to Nevana who realized I couldn't say it. I was too ashamed that I'd done it. I don't regret the moment with Nevana, I just regret the timing. It should've been before Melissa not during or after.

"Mel, we have something to confess." She said slowly taking Mels hand and sitting her down.

Melissa gave me a strange look and I crossed my arms over my chest feeling the guilt bubble in me. "When Viktor and I set off to look for Anne and Valdus. Well we spent a bit of time together. In that time, we-we" Nevana was unable to say it now.

Shit.

"We had sex Melissa." I said staring at her while she watched with a silent reaction. She tucked her hair back and looked to Nevana and then me.

Her eyes watered but she didn't say anything, "Melissa? Baby, I love you. I love you very much. I'd dreamt of having you all my life. Being alone with Nevana, the moment-" I didn't know how to justify cheating. There really is no way.

Melissa looked to Nevana and then stood putting Belle in the crib.

She walked back over and stood by the bed staring quietly at it. "Was this out of love or just a moment of weakness?" She asked looking to me now.

Nevana and I both spoke, "Weakness."  her smile soft and almost sarcastic, "There was no love in it? At all?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows at the ring on my finger.

I felt the guilt, I can't lie to her more, "There was. Absolutely. I'm sorry Mel, but It wasn't just a fuck, I- I made love to Nevana." I admitted while Nevana gave me a sorrowed look.

Her and Mel caught eyes and Nevana nodded shamefully, "We knew it would never happen again. We swore it Melissa. I think we both-well I thought Killian and you" she said blushing and frowning.

Melissa shook her head, "I knew what kind of man he was. There's a reason I never told him Vydia was his daughter." She said looking over at me with tears weld up in her eyes.

I felt my eyes drop to the bedsheets in absolute shame, but I can't regret the moment with Nevvie. No matter how much I want to, I can't. Not just because it was the greatest sex in my life but, I love her too. After last night, taking it all out on Killian, I realized how much more I felt for her.

Melissa sighed softly and wiped her cheek, "It's hard to wrap my mind on this. Give me a few days. You two can have the room, take the bed." She said laughing sarcastically before grabbing Belle and storming out the room.

Shit.

"Fuck." Nevana said softly and I met her eyes, watching him stand and place her hands on her hips, "You're a real idiot to let a woman like that go. How could you tell her it was love Vik? You know Mel, you know how much she values loyalty."  Nevana ran her hands through her hair stressed out.

I looked from her hair to her lips, "Because it was love Nevvie, for me it was all love." I said low while she stared up at me and reached out taking my hand.

Then she shut her eyes and let go of my hand dropping her forehead into my chest, "I can't handle the pain of hurting her Vik. She's my friend." She said softly.

Slowly, I hugged her and held her while enjoying the feel of her in my arms. I chased Melissa because every guy chased her. I admired Nevana despite no one else's advances toward her. That's the difference.

One was my choice without any influence of those around me. The other was my choice solely on the influence of those around me.