10

2 months later

MAY(POV)

I woke up to a wave of heat hitting me when I got from under my covers. It was chilly outside so I knew Jas had turned the heat on in the house. Jas has really became like a mother figure to me these couple of months of me being around her. I even worked up the courage to start calling me mom and she didn't mind not one bit. Andre slept with Mr.Gater and Jas for the pass few nights giving me a break that I really needed. He is 6 months now and is growing so fast. Soon he will be one and I'm not ready for it at all.

I got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to do my hygiene so I could get downstairs. Did I forget to mention that it was Christmas Eve and the house smelled good from all the food that is being cooked.

Mr. Gater had family that was coming over today and tomorrow for Christmas. Some was even staying in the house considering the fact that the house was pretty big.

I tried to decided on what I wanted to wear the get together. I decided on a red sweater, black tights and black knees high boots. I put in a simple high ponytail and called it a day.

I heard a knock on the door and figured it was Jas so I told her to come in. Instead it was Mr.Gater. He asked if it was okay for him to come in and I told him yes as I walked out the bathroom.

"Hey May you good up here?" He asked sitting on my bed.

"Yeah I'm fine. Is everything okay?" I asked growing a tad bit nervous.

"Yeah everything good I just wanted to check on you and have a little talk. I want you to be the best you can be in life. From the boxing and school. I want to let you know that you can start back going to school in January. I got Andre into one the best daycares around here so he is in good hands."

"Thank you so much Mr.Gater for all that you have done for me and my brother. You don't have to do all this I'm thankful for what you have done already. Putting a roof over our heads buying us the necessities that we need is definitely good enough for me. I don't know where we would be without your help and I want to thank you again," I said as a tear fell from my eye.

Mr.Gater wiped my tears away with his hands as he was smiling looking at me.

"It's okay May knew you since you were a tiny lil baby wrapped in a pink blanket. I don't care about doing for you. You earned it anyways you're smart,respectful and beautiful. Start worrying about yourself now and let me and Jas take care of you and Andre," he said getting off the bed.

"Now come downstairs I have a surprise for you," he said while walking out the door.

I wiped my tears away and rushed down the stairs to see what was going on. I looked around the living room and no one was in there and the kitchen was empty. I walked outside the front door and that's when everything hit me.

"Merry Christmas," Mr.Gater while family yelled.

I was shocked at what was infront of me. It was a brand new Range Rover with a purple bow on top of it. I ran to the car with tears in my eyes so excited to drive.

I ran and gave Mr.Gater a hug. It was more of a fatherly hug at that. I never knew my dad and Mr.Gater was the father figure in my life. I thanked him atleast ten thousand times for everything he has done for me. Without him I'll probably be on the streets.

"Not so fast now you don't know how to drive yet," Jas said to me as she walked to the car.

"Ma you really gotta teach like tomorrow I bet you knew about this didn't you," I asked her while giving her a hug.