7

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and Andre wide awoke smiling. I tickled his little feet and stretched as I got out the bed. I changed his diaper and got him dressed in something a little more cozy because I could tell that it was cold outside.

I went to the bathroom and did my morning hygiene as always. I looked in the mirror and noticed that I had a busted lip and that's about it. I could barely see anything because my glasses were broke. I thought about everything going on in my life but I was knocked out my thoughts by someone knocking at the door.

"Goodmorning May seems like you two slept good lastnight," Mr.Gater said smiling. "We did thanks to you I don't know how many times imma thank you but I really do appreciate it," I said while grabbing Andre off the bed. "No problem May,but I do have somethings down stairs for you if you want to come check them out." "Sure I'm right behind you." Walking down the steps making it to the living room there were tons of things there. There were baby clothes, toys, and everything else babies needed. I also seen a laptop that was brand new still in the box.

"All of these things are for you and the little guy. I didn't know if you needed them but I just picked out something so lil man can be more comfortable," he said while sitting down. "I don't know about this,this
is too much I can't accept these things from you. You have already done enough by letting us stay here," I said. "It's called helping others. I'm able to give so I do. It's no big deal this didn't cost much. Here's 1,500 dollars I didn't know what size you wear but go buy whatever you like you deserve it," he said handing me the money.

I really didn't know what to think. How did Mr.Gater afford to do all this. I only know him for working at the rec and that's it. Maybe he has been saving who knows.

"Thank you so much," I said gathering the things and taking them upstairs.

I was so ready to go do a little shopping because I needed it bad,but first I was going to make an eye appointment for some glasses and maybe even some contacts. I hurried and got dressed making sure I had everything I needed for me and Andre and rushed out the door.

Walking to the nearest bus stop it was very cold. I seen couples walking holding hands and children with their parents. Then I got a sudden feeling in my body seeing it. I sometimes wished that I could have a better relationship with Jackie. I mean who doesn't want to feel their mother's touch. You're suppose to feel safe and secure when you're with your mom, Instead I feel lost and hated. Just being able to have a bond with your parents is everything and should not be taken for granted. I don't even know who my dad is all I know is Jackie said he didn't want me and I felt the need to hate him for that because look at how I'm living right now.

Most black children don't grow up in a household of two and if you do you are very lucky. When I have children it's mandatory that my child has that. I want my child to know what it feels like to be surrounded with love. A feeling that I never felt a day before in my life.

I'm going hard for Andre and he is just my brother. I want him to know that no matter what his sister has his back through whatever. I'll never guide him wrong.

I eventually got out my feelings and focused on my surroundings. There were dudes on the block standing around I just knew that they sold drugs or were crackheads but from the looks of it they were far from crackheads by the way they dressed. I thought I heard someone trying to approach but ignored it until I heard it again. It was this tall brownskin guy with tattoos all over his face walking towards me. I suddenly stiffened up because the way things were going around here I couldn't trust a soul around me.

"What's good what's your name," he asked taking a seat next to me.

"May," I said scooting over not wanting to be close to him. "Damn lil mama I don't bite why you moving all the way over there," he asked in a serious tone. "I don't know you and I'm not trying to get to know you so I would like it if you could please leave alone," I said nicely. "Bitch fuck you, you weak as hell anyways I was just trying to get my shit wet," he said still sitting down.