Chapter 10

The Santos didn't have wild parties, they were always lowkey. However, twenty minutes into the party Sofia found herself amazed that Angelica hadn't left her yet. What was also another surprise was that Oscar was nowhere to be seen. Sofia didn't worry about him too much, she was focused on herself. "Here," Angelica ran up behind Sofia. This brought her out of her thoughts. She turned to look at her taller friend with a questing look. It was then that her eyes traveled down to the shot glass in her hand.

"Angelica," she hesitantly said.

"I can't drink but," she shoved the drink in her hand. "You can."

Sofia gripped the drink in her had, and without overthinking, she threw it into her mouth. "Ew," she pulled the cup away from her lips.

"Now that you've had a shot," Angelica smirked. "It's time for some fun."

Sofia went to question what she meant by fun, but found herself being dragged across the backyard. "Angelica," she stumbled behind her. "Where are we going?"

Angelica ignored her. Instead, she shouted at a man. "Hey, Scott," a taller man with tattoos turned around. His eyes flicked between the two girls. "This is my friend, Sofia," Angelica pushed Sofia in front of her. Sofia looked at the man in front of her. She didn't know him, and she knew he wasn't apart of the Santos. "We are ready to take you at beer pong."

Scott stepped closer and smiled at Sofia, she smiled back. "Okay," his voice was deep. "But your friend is on my team."

"Done," Angelica agreed. Sofia went to object, but found herself stopping. Angelica walked past Sofia and to the other side of the table. It was almost instantly that another person joined her.

"Are you any good at beer pong," Scott questioned Sofia.

"Honestly," she shrugged. "I've never played."

"I can teach you," Scott winked at her. Sofia watched as he picked up a ping pong ball and bounced into the other team's cup. "See, easy." She ignored his growing ego.

"Nice," Angelica's partner drank from the cup. He then threw the ball into one of her cups. Sofia leaned over and picked up the container. Angelica hollered as she chugged what was inside. With growing confidence, Sofia grabbed the ball and looked at the cups. "You're going to miss!" Sofia ignored her friend.

"Here," Scott placed a gentle hand on her back. She jumped at the feeling, but didn't speak. "Like this." He gently grabbed her hand with his and positioned her hand in the air. "And then you gently flick your wrist." he lowered his head next to her ear. Scott moved his hand, which was holding hers, and the ball bounced on the table before going into a cup.

"What," Angelica screamed in shock.

Sofia jumped from his grasp and turned to him excitedly. "Did you see that," she screamed.

"Yeah," he raised his hand. She gladly gave him a high-five before turning to Angelica. "Suck it!"

"Hey," she screamed back. "Lucky shot." Her partner drank from the cup again.

Sofia smiled, but felt a strange feeling. She looked over her shoulder to see Oscar leaning against the house. Sofia's eyes locked on his for a second, and her heart skipped a beat. She hated that feeling, but did her best to ignore it. The brunette raised her hand and sent him a wave. Oscar simply stared at her in return. The nonresponse caused her heart to sink into her stomach. Before Sofia could overthink it, Scott put his arm around her. "Hey," he laughed. "Your shot."

"I just went," Sofia gave him a confused look.

"You're a better shot," he lied. Sofia rolled her eyes but took the ball from his hand. Doing exactly what she did before, she tossed the ball onto the table and watched as it missed the cups.