Chapter 4

The day after the party, Sofia had a massive headache and decided to skip her classes. She decided that missing was probably a bad idea but didn't feel like walking around Freeridge hungover. The party wasn't anything fun. After seeing her ex-boyfriend, her mood had changed, and she had bailed early. Oscar seemed to be handling seeing and even talking to her without a problem, but Sofia was struggling. Her thoughts were cut off when her phone, rang and she didn't hide the annoyed sigh that passed through her lips. The named Angelica appeared on the screen, and this confused Sofia. "Hello," she spoke.

"Hey," Angelica snapped into the line, "thanks for bailing last night."

"I'm sorry," Sofia tried to come up with a lie. She didn't want to reveal to her that she left because of Oscar. "I just- I just hate parties."

"Yeah, girl, I know." The line went silent for a few minutes, "but I'm not mad, was just confused until one of the Santos said they saw you leave."

"I'm sorry," it was true, "I tried to find you, but I couldn't."

Angelica sighed, "it's not a big deal, but what I really want to know is when were you going to tell me?"

"Tell you what," her statement had confused Sofia. She had no idea what Angelica was talking about. 

"Oh, don't play dumb," she laughed, but Sofia still didn't understand what she was talking about. "Come on, Sofia."

"Ang," Sofia ran a hand through her hair, "I honestly have no idea what you're talking about."

"You and Spooky, he said you guys did it." Sofia felt her blood run cold at her revelation. She didn't believe it, but deep down, she knew it was true. 

"What," she finally managed to get out.

"Yeah," she kept going, "he said you let him hit it." Sofia's jaw went slack as she clenched her fist. "I didn't believe it, but Spooky isn't one to talk."

"Well, he's full of shit," Sofia's tone had changed into one of pure anger. She couldn't believe that Oscar had said that to his friends. "I'll call you later." Before Angelica could fight her, Sofia hung up. Her foul mood was turning into bitterness as she threw her door open. The door slammed against the wall and echoed through the house, but she didn't care. Her body was shaking with anger as she made her way through her home. Her mind was clouded, and her judgment was off, and her feet were carrying her towards the Diaz house. If Sofia had time to think, she would know this was a bad idea, but she wasn't thinking. 

In seconds her feet were thumping against the sidewalk as she began making an all-to-familiar walk towards Oscar's house. Luckily for her, the Diaz house wasn't far from hers. She hadn't particularly thought about her outfit but quickly noticed the lack of formal attire. Sofia was walking down the street in short jeans shorts and a tank top. If she wasn't so angry, she would have turned back, but her eyes landed on the house down the street, and Sofia knew she couldn't go back. 

A few moments later, she noticed Oscar with a few of the Santos working out in the front yard and drinking. "Oscar," she yelled at him, opting not to use his other name in front of his friends. The brown-eyed boy stopped mid-lift to look at her, a surprised look evident on his face. "What the hell is wrong with you?" The other Santos stood up as the angry girl made her way over. Oscar set the weight down and stood up in his spot as he watched Sofia approach him. 

"You have some real nerve showing up here and yelling at me like that," Oscar spoke in front of the few Santos standing outside. His words only made Soifa angrier.

"I have some nerve?" She snapped, surprising herself. Sofia was never one to shout, and in the past, she and Oscar had argued but never in front of his friends. "You're the one spreading bullshit about us sleeping together." Sofia made the mistake of poking Oscar with her finger to get her point across.