Ruby: But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't.

Oobleck: *Talking to himself* She's not wrong... Very well, Ruby... leave your bag here, we can pick it up upon our return.

Ruby: But I, well uh-

Oobleck: Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important to bring it with... *The bag's zipper opens and Zwei shows its head*

Ruby: *Whispering to Zwei* Get back in the bag. *Zwei merely barks*

Oobleck: We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teeming with death and hostility, and you brought... a dog?

Ruby: I, uh...

Oobleck: Genius! *Backs away long enough for Ruby to give a confused shrug before speeding past and snatching the pet away from Ruby, who tumbles to the ground as Oobleck spins Zwei in the air* Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excellent companions for a hunt such as ours! *Zwei barks happily in his hands*

Ruby: *proudly* I'm a genius!

*Weiss and Yang both facepalm*

Blake: So, what are your orders, Doctor?

Oobleck: Ah, yes, straight to the chase; I like it! *lets go of Zwei* As you've been informed, the southeast area has been marked as a recent hot spot for Grimm activity. Now, there are several possible explanations for this behavior, one of which being... Grimm.

Ruby: *confused* Uh, what?

Oobleck: Grimm. A creature of Grimm approximately one hundred yards from us at this very moment.

Yang: What?!

*She turns to look like the other girls at the lone beowolf wandering into the street, joining them in unleashing their weapons*

Oobleck: Stop!

Blake: Huh?

Oobleck: There are a number of reasons why Grimm will congregate in this particular area, the most likely of which will be their attraction to negativity: sadness, envy, loneliness, hatred. All qualities that are likely held by our hidden group harboring ill intent.

Ruby: So... What now?

Oobleck: We wait. We track. If this specimen leads us to its pack, that pack may subsequently lead us to our prey.

Blake: How long do we wait?

Oobleck: It's uncertain. Hours, days, weeks. Why, lone Grimm have been known to stay isolated from the pack for months - and there's the whole pack.

Just a few seconds later, five Beowolves were already following the first.

Weiss: What?

Oobleck: And now they've seen us.

Weiss: *Louder* What?!