Got the Wrong Guy (baileygaines and Ruechari)

Got the Wrong Guy

 "Petra? Petra?! Where is she?"

"Where do you think?" said a man with a sneer. "I only needed to bring you here."

"What? Tell me she's not dead! Oh, Petra!" Buck hung his head

"Don't worry Bruce you'll join her soon enough. You turned out to be not so tough. Not even that badge can protect you. I've been waiting for this day since I let Lou get away."

"I'm not Bruce," Buck said with a sigh. "Your goons grabbed the wrong guy. Who are you and why are we talking about Lou?"

"Not the right..." The man gripped Austen uptight. "What does he mean, he's not Bruce?!"

"I found out Bruce has an identical twin!" Austen said, his face turning red as he struggled to get loose

"Twin?!" He looked back and seen Buck grin. "Who just so happens to be a deputy too?!" Austen shrugged and coughed out, "Who knew?" 

"You Austen, you were supposed to?" The man pulled out his gun putting it to Austen's head. 

"Wait, Regan! The girl she's not dead! I left her with a message instead. Brandy and Bruce are likely on their way." 

"You told them where we are?!" 

"I thought?"

"I don't pay you to think!" He pulled the trigger. Austen dropped to the floor," Get him out of here before he starts to stink," he said to the large man at the door. 

Buck flinched at the death

Buck flinched at the death. "Seems you and your men are both trigger happy, eh? You and your men will rue the day you thought to take out Bruce."

"He doesn't scare me. He's just a lackey like Shamus used to be.

I taught Lou everything she knew and she stabbed in me in the back. Starting her own ring before going into hiding. She sure was hard to track. 

But I knew Shamus was just a front. He was too dumb to be in charge. Still, Lou alluded me and managed to remain at large.  

But because of your brother, she came out of hiding. Willing to put herself on the line. And I knew, this was it. This time... she'd be mine. 

When I hired Shamus to kill Pearce I expect it to cause a permanent rift. But when he stupidly shot Lou... well, that was just a gift.

Then he goes and throws himself off a cliff." Regan had a good laugh at this. 

"So you see

"So you see... this trap really isn't set for Bruce but for Brandy. She's the last of the line Ol' Brandy vine. I kill her and the territory is mine."

Buck's eyes narrowed, though his face was harrowed. His gunshot wound hadn't been well-tended. 

 "You only think the line is ended. Brandy has other family and they won't like to see you gunning for her, or Bruce, or me. Besides, Brandy isn't the one running this show. Bruce is taking over, just so you know." 

He wasn't sure how much he should say, or if what he had said already was okay.

A malicious smile spread across Regan's lips. "Well thank you, Buck is it? You're so helpful, it almost makes me regret that you'll be dead in the end. 

So Brandy has more family? I guess I'll have to send some of my boys 'round. Gotta make sure they all end up 6ft underground. 

And I guess if Bruce is running the show then you'll both have to go. Two families for the price of one when all is said and done."