"How do you know he's one of the five," She demanded, hands crossed in front of her, "And where's his bloody tattoo?"

"Oh, the tattoos aren't visible on this lot like they were on the last," Klaus responded, motioning towards the Hunter's arm. There was a moment of silence, loaded with both disbelief and annoyance.

"Let's eat."

And so we did, following Klaus into a room a few doors down. I hadn't seen him motion for anyone to set up dinner, and wondered how long it would be until it was ready. Somehow, though, there were fresh rolls atop the dark table in the center of the room, accompanied by unholy amounts of turkey, cranberry sauce, steak, and basically any other food one could think of. There was a large fire, crackling and sputtering, sending waves of warmth into the room. And that was it. A table, and a fire place in this gigantic room. Minimalistic, but somehow unsettling. How could a room be unsettling? My skepticism was unwarranted, yet persistent. It always seemed to spike in his presence.

Rebekah, Klaus, Stefan and I all took a seat. Klaus ushered for one of the maids, who came and dropped off some champagne. "Thank you, my lovely." She nodded and walked off, exiting the room soon thereafter.

"I could kiss the council," Klaus spoke up the moment after the door closed. "For burning up all the vervain in this town. They made my life so much easier."

I glanced down at my vervain bracelet. He was right. I ran out of vervain to add to my beverages a few days ago. The only thing keeping me from getting compelled was my bracelet.

Oh, wait.

I furrowed my eyes brows as the realization came upon me that I didn't even really need the bracelet now. I'm a werewolf. Such a weird thing for me to come to terms with. Did my parents ever set off the curse? And if so, why didn't they give me any sort of indication of what was to come?

"Rebekah, love, eat your veggies," Klaus' automated drawl shook me from my thoughts. I wonder why he expected Rebekah's forgiveness but did nothing to earn it. He still spoke to her like she was his pet dog or something. I'm sure 1,000 years of that would drive one insane.

"I'm not eating till you apologize," Rebekah responded, pushing her un-eaten plate towards him with a sour expression.

"For which indiscretion? There have been so many," Klaus responded, resting his elbows against the table. His lips were curled into a smirk, per usual.

What a dick.

"You broke my neck," Rebekah cried exasperatedly.

"You threw away Elena's blood," Klaus countered, not missing a beat, "So I can't make anymore hybrids,"

"Because you took me for granted!" She hissed in return.

"That's what big brothers do, sweetheart," Klaus' voice grew in volume, matching Rebekah's. I was finding it hard to hide my amusement as two of the most powerful creatures in the world fought like children, sharing retorts that wouldn't change either of their minds.

Stefan felt the opposite. Instead of amusement, he felt annoyance. Which was made clear as he piped up, "Let me just name the million other people I'd rather be having dinner with right now." I laughed under my breath, but covered it up with a throaty cough.

Klaus scoffed, sitting back in his chair, hands raised in defeat. "All right, fine." His voice came out harsh and annoyed, "I'm sorry, I often forget how delicate you are." He flashed her a sickeningly sweet smile, "Forgive me?"

"That's a shitty apology," I mumbled, bringing my glass towards my lips.

Klaus shot me a glare. "I'll take it under consideration," Rebekah declared, an unhappy pout across her face.