Chapter 23: Witch Boy

Start from the beginning

A hand smacked my shoulder and I looked over at Thomas who smiled at me, "Weird to see her here again." He said quietly.

I understood that better than anyone, "The best kind of weird." I replied while he gave a nod, "You going to propose to her yet?" He asked shoving his hands in his pockets and staring ahead at Jolene who was with Lana.

They've been spending a lot of time together.

Reaching into my pocket, I let the ring slip between my fingers, "I will, I just need the right setting. I can't just propose right now, Anne deserves better." I admitted while moving my hand from my pocket and running my hand through my hair instead.

Thomas laughed low, "Something tells me she wouldn't care how it's done, especially not if it's coming from you. You're enough." He said it proudly, almost fatherly.

I gave him a small smile and stared back at Anne, "She's an amazing woman Thomas. Truly, and she is just like her mother, from what I remember." My words surprised even me but I stuck by them.

He gave me a sigh, "She definitely is." He looked me over, "You're a lot like your mom too. She was willing to do anything for you, for love." He said before Jeffrey called his name.

As he walked away, I went to the truck and got in pulling Anne to my side, kissing her deeply. She laughed in between our kiss, "Where are we going to live?" She asked quietly.

I shrugged, "Wherever you want. A castle, the amusement park, your favorite clothing store, a garden filled with roses that could never amount to you." I teased while she smirked and kissed my lips.

She moved into my lap and sat down while I turned the truck on.

Staring down at her, I took in every small detail, every single one, and kept it in my mind so I would never forget.

Vydia's POV:

Following the truck of Viktor and Melissa, I took Lucien's hand and noted Jessa's longing stare to the Nysrough boy.

I gave her a small nudge and she turned giving me a shy smile, "It's so good to see you." She said beaming up at me. I'm not sure how I lasted so long without seeing her.

Lucien leaned over my shoulder and pulled the door open, Arabella walked over carrying little Bella and they went to the truck first, getting in.

Jessa jumped in next and I got in noticing Jessa in the third row seat while Arabella sat in the second row holding Bella in her arms.

I got in and squished between Lucien and Arabella but looked back and noticed we could fit another person in the back.

Staring back out the truck, I noticed him walking past the truck muttering to himself, "Koda!" I called.

He turned his head and gave me a kind smile and walked over, "We still have an extra seat." I said smirking.

His eyes moved to Lucien who gave him a small smile, and then he stared at Mom who smiled as well. We're not like Judah and Valdus, we won't kill him.

And Viktors too busy talking to the others about where we were going next. They said we'd go meet Dayna and the others in Montana.

Lucien moved over me and dropped the seat to the back while telling Jessa to scoot over.

She did so with a nervous smile and began blushing, my heart did some wild flips when I saw him slowly step into the truck and stare at Jessa before he broke into a smile and tried to hide it.

"You good?" Luce asked Koda who gave a nod, "Yeah, thank you." He said adjusting in the seat.

Lucien put the seat back up and sat down giving me a sideways look before grinning. He knew what I was up to, but what can I say? I love seeing Jessa happy. I know he makes her happy.

Arabella stared at Koda and then me before smirking and looking to Mom.

"Are you comfortable? I could scoot over more." Jessa's soft voice was quiet but filled the truck.

I stared down at my hand in Lucien's and tried to not look back and gawk at the two.

Then Koda was quiet and shaky, "I-I'm good. Thank you Jess." He said a bit breathy.

He's nervous.

I guess I would be too if I was-no, actually I wouldn't. The Vipers are family.

Bastian poked his head in through Arabella's window and gave me a smile, "Snacks?" Kayla asked popping her head in and holding a bag of chips.

I beamed and took them, "Yes oh yes!" I replied laughing. Kayla gave me a wink and then looked back at Koda, "Good to see she has a buddy." She said aloud while looking to Jessa.

Bastian gave Koda a small nod and I hoped that was approval.

Koda has done a lot for us, he saved Lucien and I multiple times in the last war. I trusted him greatly, and even more if Annalise trusts him as well.

Mom stared out the window, looking at someone who walked by, and I noticed it was Dad, she shared a small smile. I realized he was looking to make sure I was in a vehicle. I gave him a smile and he returned it.

Wherever we go next, I hope we could live in one big home like we did with the vi-

"Home." I said outloud.

Mom looked to me confused and I leaned forward, "We should go home.  The vault is full of weapons and we have many rooms and then there's cars and Lucien's bike. We could build a wall or put an electric fence and keep everything out. It's no massive building or academy but it's a good start." I suggested while her eyes watched me a while before she got out and walked over to the others.

They began talking and I heard Lucien sigh, "What's wrong? Bad memories?" I joked while he laughed, "No, I forgot how much I fucking hate those stairs." He muttered looking to his legs.

Oh yeah, I hate the stairs too.

"I've fallen down them plenty of times." I replied while Arabella laughed.

Jessa leaned forward, "We get to go home! I get to see my room!" She beamed and I looked over at Koda, "It's a big home. Plus the pools covered when it isn't in use so we'll be able to enjoy pools." I said while he smiled and tried not to get involved.

He's a very private and shy guy.

By the look on Moms face, I'm guessing my plan worked.

She got in and looked to us, "You've been gone for a while, we started construction on the house and added two large lofts to the four stories, and a basement. The two lofts were for meetings and then the basement was made for Bastian's workshop. So the homes much bigger than before." She said smiling widely.

Wow. "More stairs." I joked to Lucien and everyone else laughed while Mom was confused.

Viktor got in and smiled, "Sam, Chief Dariko, Abe and Emma are going to get the others. We're driving home." He said getting in and smiling at us all.

We would've gone somewhere bigger but all the big buildings are destroyed, on fire, full of dead corpses and mold, and well they're infested.

Our group filled up twenty eight cars and we all had to make sure we filled up at every gas station we could.

One car was just full of gasoline in tanks in case we needed it.

But we were off. Ready to try and gain back our country.