Chapter 39

"Mam, mam" I opened my eyes and infront of me was the receptionist. "Your father is awake but he's going through some tests at the moment. When hes done I'll tell you, and then you can go talk with his doctor." I sat up and wiped my eyes. "What kind of tests?" I asked her, "when he woke up his doctor asked him a few questions about the wreck. He couldn't remember anything. So now their asking him about your family to see if he lost all his memorys, and to see if it's permanent." That worried me a bit, would he remember our family? "How long do you think the tests will be?" The thought for a moment but then came with an answer. "About 30 minutes. they don't want to stress him out, so it might be even longer." I nodded, "thanks" "no problem" then she walked off, back behind her desk. I looked at the clock, 9:47 pm. I was tired, stressed, and worried. Where are they? I was trying to be positive, at lest no one else got hurt. We had a time at the park, the kids got to play. "Eve!" I turned my head, "there you guys are" I said just before standing up. "John you made me worried sick! What in the hell were you thinking?!" He put his head down and stared at the floor. "hey Evelyn, why don't you two take this to the parking lot? We are in an emergency room after all" Amelia asked us with a carseat on both arms, with two tiny babys inside. I couldn't think of the last time they ate. "While we talk can two of you guys go to the cafeteria and get the kids something to eat?" I asked them, they nodded.

John's POV

Eve gave me a look and then walked down the hall. Making me jog a bit to catch up. She must really care for me to get this upset. Or else she wouldn't have stormed off down the hall. She slowed down and let me walk next to her. I looked at her, she looked so tired and so worried. Her eyes were as red as roses and looked as if she would break any minute. I stopped her in the hallway, just as she was wiping away her tears. "Evie... Why are you crying? Please don't cry.." I asked her tilting her chin up so I could get a better look at her. "Be careful love, look down for too long your crown will fall. Then who would rule my heart?" Her lips curved into a grin, making me smile even wider.
"Come on let's go find a bench outside"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"John... I'm just so afraid. He could forget our family, forget me. I don't want to lose him. He's all I got right now" she vented to me as she had a breakdown on my lap. I just hugged her tight, like I wasn't ever going to let go. It was so painful to see her in this state. "That's not true my darling, you have the lads, Amelia, and I. The kids love you as if you where there own mum. And I'm sure everything will be just fine." I told her wiping a tear from her rosy red cheek. "No it won't John, cos nothing's ever right any more. There's problems here there and everywhere. There's just no way to avoid them." She expressed to me using hand motions. "Oh yeh? What kinda problems" I asked her rubbing her shoulders. "well for starters my father is in the hospital because of a car wreak, I have no idea how to get back to 2019. Let's see, a crazy red head is after me and Ame-" "say what now... What did you do?"
She sighed and started twiddling with the loose string at the hem of her shirt. "Nothing John, I think I'm just tired." I leaned her down to my chest, letting her rest for awhile. I gently stroked her hair, trying to comfort her in anyway possible. "I love you Evelyn" I admitted to my love, who was halfway asleep. "Love you t- wait, what did you just say?" She asked as she hoped off my lap and looked me in the eye. "I love you miss Evie" I said smiling "I love you too Johnny" she said grinning just as big maybe even more than i am. I leaned in, scanning her beauty. Inch by inch, up intell I couldn't handle it any more. My lips crashed smoothly onto hers. Fiting together like a glove. I dont know for how long ive wanted to do this, just to hold her as her soft lips danced apon mine. Causing time to stop and watch new love blossom in the world. I separated our lips, and watched her stare at me in wonder. "I'm sorry for running off, my past came for another visit." She nodded "it's fine John, I understand. We should probably be heading back now." She said looking up at the twinkling stars. "Can I sing you a song first?" I wanted her to hear this one before anyone else in the whole entire world could. "Of course, I would love to hear one right now" she replied looking back down at me and waiting to hear my voice fill the cold night time air. "Love is real, real is love." I sang taking her hand into mine and watching her eyes shine in the gentle moonlight. "Love is feeling, feeling love" she layed her head back onto my shoulder, and I lifted her back onto my lap. Still with intertwined fingers. "Love is wanting to be loved" as I sang I ran my hands, ever so softly, through her silky brown locks. "Love is touch, touch is love" I kissed the top of her head as if she was a child. "Love is reaching, reaching love" and she squeezed my hand ever so lovingly. "Love is asking to be loved" as I sang I thought how close is our relationship now? "Love is you, you and me. Love is knowing we can be" is she my bird now? Or just supper close friends?
"Love is free, free is love. Love is living, living love." I feel her chest rise up and down. Feeling her push my body back into the bench.
"Love is needing to be loved"
I need her love like mad.