Chapter 16

"Hey John, whats the date today?" I asked as we passed the lovely cafe John and I visited called lovelocks. "Um.. I think August 1, why?" "Just wanted to know" I said walking heel to toe. "Sounds like someones birthdays coming up" I turned to look at my father, then went back to heel to toe. "What do you want for your birthday Evie?" John asked from my right. I really didn't know what I wanted, "I don't know, It was always hard to shop for me because I really never wanted enything. At least not alot, maybe one thing." He nodded, "we're almost there"
It was my turn to nod. "If I sing a song do you promise not to use it as your own. I really want to sing and this came to mind." "I pinky promise" I started laughing"what? Did I miss something?" I tried to catch my breath, "oh no John, you didn't miss enything. I just thought I would never hear you pinky promise without enyone telling you to. Alright I'm ganna start now, dad knows this song to and you can sing it if you want." I took a deep breath and let out.

"Little ditty about Jack and Diane Two American kids growing up in the Heartland jack he's ganna be a football star Diane's debutante in the backseat of jacky's car. "

I looked up at the buildings of Liverpool. John grew up here along with Paul George and Ringo. I wonder were the famous strawberry fields is at I thought.

"Oh yah life gose on long after the thrill Of living is gone oh yah say life gose on long after the thrill of living is gone they walk on"

While looking at my surroundings my eyes drift to John. He looked like no other man from 2019, but it wasn't his looks that caught me. It was his hummer, his sarcasm, it was him in general. He fascinated me since before I crash landed here, I wondered what happened in his head of his that made him like that.

"Jacky sits back and collectes his thoughts for a moment scratches his head and dose his best James dean well then diane we ought to run off to the city diane says baby you ain't missing nothing"

He turned to me and caught me looking at him. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. His deep brown eyes ever so slightly scaning my face.

" Jacky say oh yah life gose on long after the thrill of living is gone oh yah say life gose on long after the thrill of living is gone"

I grabbed his hand and I felt his fingers wrap around mine. I sighed and turned back facing foreword so we didn't run into a pole or something of the sort. I still continued to sing.

"Ganna let it rock let it roll let the Bible bealt come and save my soul hold on sixteen as long as you can changes come around real soon make us woman and men"

Soon we finally arrived at the store and we stepped in hand in hand with father following from behind us. We walked to the center of the store. "So how about we split and just look for clothes you might like" they both nodded. "Great I'll go start over there, you two go over there, sound good?" "Sounds good Eve" dad said. We walked off our separate ways in search of some clothes for my father. I went over to a rack with t-shirts and jackets, I soon found a jacket I thought would suit dad. I looked up to see where the two wer at, but I couldn't find them. I frowned, putting the jacket back on the rack I went walking the direction I last saw them go. When I still couldn't find them I went to the reception desk. "Excuse me but have you seen two men walk by or ask enything?" The teen boy looked up from reading a magazine. he had dark brown almost black hair, his cheeks looked almost hollow, and his eyes were a gunmetal blue. Just like my granddad, "sorry you just look familiar, I'm Evelyn and you?"
He shook my hand, "and I'm Liam Rubric, it's nice to meet you miss Evelyn." I smiled, that's my 17 year old granddad, the one little Liam is named after. "So what did you ask me again? Oh right I did see two men, they came up and asked wer the bathroom was." "Thank you Mr. Liam it was a pleasure meeting you" I said walking to the bathroom. "Wait! Can I gave your number?" I turned around and there he was standing up from his chair looking at me with the beautiful eyes I have inherited. "You don't need it, I have a good feeling wer ganna meet again the future. Now Goodbye Mr. Liam, I have two boys to find" I turned around once more and headed to the men's restroom. I put my ear up to the door to check if they wer in there. "You have my permission John, but don't do enything stupid." I had the feeling it was my father, what permission? What was John going to attempt this time? "I won't sir, I would never do enything like that to her." "I trust you John, that's all I wanted to talk to you about" that was my cue to scram. I jogged down the long hallway back into the store part of the building and got the coat I was going to show him. I saw them come back out around the corner and acted like I was looking for them. I started fast walking over, "what you think about this?" Dad took it out of my hands, "how much is it?" "7 pounds" he furrowed his eye brows in confusion, "I can buy it for ye Philip" John said over the shoulder of dad. "Ok, I really like the color" he draped it over his forearm and smiled at me. "Oh dad, did you see the cashier?" I asked pulling through the clothes on the rack. "Ya, why?" He said not bothering turning around to face me. "Who dose he remind you of?" He turned his head back over his shoulder, "holey shit, is that who I think it is" John looked up and looked in the direction of were we wer looking. "Who is he?" John asked "ya it's him, he must of liked his granddaughter cause he asked for my number" dad smiled and looked back at me, "I told him he doesn't need it, that I had a good feeling that in the future we would meet again" "man is that weird, he's so young" I laughed and looked at John, he was looking at me again. I got bashful and turned my head down looking at the clothes again. I couldn't help but to smile, I could feel my cheeks heat up. My heart was pounding, like when I figured out he heard me singing in the shower. Thass when I knew I was falling for him.