Chapter 11

"Uh, really!" John was beating me, he already had half his marbles at his home base and I haven't even gotten out yet! He just sat there smugly. I rolled... And a two. I handed over the dice to John and he rolled a six. He brought out a marble and rolled again. 5, he moved and handed me the dice. I shook my hands in a praying position and let go. "Yes I can get out! Finally" I handed it over to John, and by now I could smell our dinner from the living room. "I'm going to check on our dinner. Don't cheat!" I gave him a look and headed of to the stove. I took the lid off the pot and started to stir it. I was pretty sure it was done. "John it's done!" He came walking in. And a few seconds later I heard his stomach growl from across the kitchen. "Hungry?" He nodded, and I laughed. I got out two bowls and handed one to John. I then went to the stove and scooped out some chicken and dumplings into my bowl. After I got my dinner I went to the kitchen table and started eating. "Come Eve, we're going to finish the game while we eat" I sighed and got up with my bowl. I sat down beside the board, "who rolled lasted?" "I think it was me" I rolled and moved my piece to the center of the board and rolled again, "Yes! I'm getting closer!" I then leaned back a little and enjoyed my meal before John got done with his turn. He rolled and got a six getting his therd marble to his home base. I played this with my grandma several times, I could not believe the bad luck I had to night. He rolled again and got another SIX, he got out his last marble and put it on the board. He rolled again, a five. Finally, I picked up the dice and rolled giving me a six. I picked up my marble from my side of the board and brought it to the middle. I handed the dice to John and he rolled once more. A one. "Why? Why can't I just succeed for once?" He chuckles and picked up my marble and putting his in its place. After the game was done, I checked the time in the kitchen. Way too late for me. John was in the living room watching the tv. "Good night john. you should probably get some rest, we're going to the studio tomorrow remember?"
"Yes I will soon, good night evie" I went upstairs and changed into some pjs. Here in the past I could tell time went by slower than the future. In the future I could barely do everything I needed to do in one day, but here everything takes its time. I enjoy it here, I don't really know how to get back home yet. Hopefully soon, I don't want to interfere with history. I slipped into bed and started to sing myself asleep, a song that no one in this time would know. A song from the future, one that always makes me cry. "A hand above the water a angel reaching for the sky is it raining in heaven do you want us to cry and everywhere the broken harted on every lonely avenue no one could reach them no one but you one by one only the good die young there only flying to close to the sun and life goes on without you" that one song spoke to me at that moment, I felt it needed to be sung. In seven years another one of my favorite bands form, 1971. I soon fell asleep with tears running down my cheeks. This all felt like a dream.