Chapter 26

They probably didn't want me there messing around with their lives, I have been trying to think of a way to get back home since day one. If I stayed eny longer I would probably permanently change history for better or worse. So I agreed with one condition, that I had a week to say good bye. Flair sat in the chair as I told her my choice. She took a long puff and staired behind me, "that can be arranged, I'll pick you up at Metropolitan stadium in seven days. It'll work with the Fab fours tour, won't it?" I was starting to get along with this girl. maybe she was trying to save me from something or someone, and that's why she's here to get me. "What about dad? Is he just going to stay here to fend for himself?" She smiled at me and said, "look at little Evie, one step ahead. Well it would be a little hard to explain how your father suddenly appeared after several years. It would be easier to just go without him" I was a little concerned and confused, how did she know about my father going missing. "Um, how did you know that? And now I think about it how did you even know I was with The Beatles?" I knew I shouldn't have trusted her from the beginning but I still did, being the foolish girl I am. Somewhere along my time line I fuck up and got my father and I into some deep shit. Before long my whole family's going to be dragged down with me. "Let's just say I'm more than I seem, Kay? Kay, now since we have a deal let's get you too your hotel room." Out of her pocket she pulled that same pill bottle that the two used by the bathrooms. She held out her hand and a white capsule layed in the center of her palm. "Take this or we are going to have to use the hard way" I feared what they called the hard way For I did not know what the consequences were. While I was popping it into my dry mouth she said, "oh and you cannot tell the others, or something like murder may happen to someone you love. Maybe a little sooner for one..." And that was when I fell asleep with my head drooping from my shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I awoke I discovered that I was laying in the hotel room with a blanket layed gently on top of my body. Feeling dirty I climbed out of bed, grabed a outfit, and walked soundlessly into the bathroom to run a warm bath. After I sat down in the warm and relaxing bath, I started to process what has happened in probably the past three hours. So much has happened in thouse three hours. One moment I'm waiting outside the bathrooms of Shea Stadium and the next I'm sitting in a hotel bathroom wondering if that all was a dream or if I'm actually going to travel back to the future in the next seven days. She never said she was going to bring dad did she, I am so FUCKING stupid. That's when I heard the door to my apartment open, "Hello? Whos there?" The footsteps came closer to the bathroom until they nocked on the door several times. "Evelyn it's dad, are you in there?" I told him that I was and started to quickly wash myself up. I got out of the bath tub, dryed myself off, changed into some fresh clothes, and drained the water from the bath tub. When I walked outside of the bathroom dad was sitting on the edge of the spare bed, "come here" he told me gently while patting at the empty space next to him. I sat to his right and leaned my head on his shoulder like eny child would do. "Where have you been Eve? You made us worried sick." I just sat there for awhile until he started talking again. "Evelyn, sweetheart, listen to me. I'm not mad, though someone we know is. I was just scared like eny parent would be. We don't want to lose you, all of us. You've made an impact on the four and they don't want to see you get hert, I wouldn't either. Do you understand?" I shook my head, "so is someone in particular mad at me?" I said looking at the floor. "Yess, but you want to know a secret? He's mad at you because he cares for you, and he would be heart broken if enything happened to you. Especially since his mother died when he was a child." He had just let the cat out of the bag, I have to go talk to John to settle things with him. "Um dad can i go talk with someone?" He nodded "I guess I'll have to go back to my lonely apartment." He followed me outside until i passed by his. when I arrived i hesitated to nock, for i knew about his famous Lennon temper. Being brave I nocked several times and waited, no answer. So I looked through the eye glass in the door, I saw John getting up from the couch and walking up to the door. The door swung open, and there reveled the one and only John Lennon. "Oh so you came back I see?" He said with a sarcastic tone, I tryed to mentality prepare myself for what is going to be released on me today. "Yes I am I just came over because I wanted to talk with you. I know your mad and I understand why. I'm sorry I... I... I got lost in the stadium. I didn't know where I was." He gave me some stern look, and moved out of my way so I could come in. "Then tell me why we found you laying on the sidewalks by the hotel and had to carry you all the way back to our apartments in like the fourty fourth floor. Tell me Evelyn" he shouted at me from the door while doing hand movements. "I dont know maybe a kidnapper druged me and put me there on the dirty streets" I told him with the same sarcastic tone he gave me just moments ago. "Yelling isn't going to help enything John. It might just make it worse, so calm down." I said very softly, I was surprised he could even hear me. "Eve I love you but just tell me the truth" I looked at him a little shocked but also happy. "You love me?" His face got all rosy and he even tryed to hide it when he sat down on the couch. "Yes, I do. But you realy have to tell me where you went" I sighed. "Like I said John I got lost and I blacked out. I don't know what happened." I felt his arms wrap around my shoulders and squeeze me like I was going to disinagrate. "Just promise me this won't happen again" "I promise"