Chapter 2

2019

In the morning Evelyn did her school routine. Brushed her hair and teeth, changed her clothes, and all that stuff. It was chilly that morning, and when she went back to get her paper, She found something else. It was a paper, but definitely not the one she had left.
She read it over and over, but it just didn't make since. It was a letter, but not just any letter. She could tell by the doodle on side of the page, and the famouse signature just below it. John Lennon. All she could do was wonder, how did this get here?

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

After school Evelyns mom (Amelia) droped her and her brother off at home. Amelia didn't stay long, she had some grocerys to pick up for supper. Evelyn jumped out of the truck and went inside. "Eve can you make me a grilled cheese?" Liam asked just as she was putting her jacket on the wooden rack. She knew how hangry Liam could get after school. "Yeah just a minute, Lee" She went upstairs and dropped her book bag on her bed. Her fairy lights hung from the ceiling, giving a soft glow to her posters taped on the walls. She flopped in her bean bag beside her closet and picked up her sketch book next to it. She caressed the portraits cheek bones, and began to work on it once more. Every night after school she worked on that drawing of him. It made her feel as if she could still be with him. The man in the portrait is her father. he went walking threw the woods one day and never came back. Slowly her mind started drifting to the letter in her nightstand. Closing the sketchbook gently, she stood up and took the paper from the nightstand. She read it over and still wondered about its origins. She flipped the lined paper ove, and begain writing her own letter with blue pen. "Eve, can i have my grilled cheese now?" The muffled voice behind the door requested. It was just going to have to wait.