Chapter 17

"Ok were to next?" John asked as we walked out the shop with plenty of clothes for my father. "Um can we go to the library? If it's ok with you guys." I looked at them both, "no we don't mind, let's go to the library. I could use a book or two myself" we started walking down the pavement. There was so many businesses, jewelry, clothes, cafes, and there was also a area with trees and a red gate. "Hey John what is that place?" He looked over to wer I was pointing and grinned. "That's were I would go when I was small, I would just sit there in the peacefulness and play my guitar. Maybe we can go sometime." How was I that stupid, that was the strawberry fields. The red gate said it all, and to know that he would go over there and play guitar fascinated me. What made that so special for John? Why did he write a whole song about it? "How'd you get in?" "Climbed the wall" i nodded. seeing there was no other way to get in cause the gate was obviously locked. We turned the corner and there was the little library. Painted a blueberry blue, with a black trim around the door. We walked in and the smell of new books hit me. I looked around it looked bigger in the inside, there wer several book shelves and some tables to sit at. Dad went to one of the tables, leaving me and John at the book shelves. I scanned over the shelves intell a title caught my eye. I pulled the looking glass war off the shelf and started reading a couple of pages. It looked like a really good fiction book. I turned to John and he had three books tucked under his arm and was looking through another. That just goes to show how much he loves to read. I turned back to my shelf and started skimming the titles again. I ended up not being able to dissid between the looking glass war or the man with the golden gun, So I got both. When I checked them both out I sat down at the table with dad. "Why us? Why didn't someone of someworth come instead of us? Like the Queen of England or the President of America could have been sent, but instead us." Dad said, I was just as puzzled as he was. This was a blessing but also a curse. We didn't know when or how we wer going to get back home, but we're experiencing something no one could ever do in 2019. Being with the beatles and bunking with John Lennon is a once in a thousand years thing, but back home we're missing and mom and Liam must be devastated. It must be destiny, "it was ment to be dad, written in the stars. We wer picked for a reason, we just don't know what it is" he looked at me with his eyebrows raised, "since when do you say things like that? I didn't think you believed in destiny and all that." "Well how do you explain it? Someone has picked us to either fix something from the past, or make it happen. We are here for a reason, and I don't think we're going to leave intell we do it" I looked out the window. it does sound like a load of baloney, but I have the feeling we we're assigned a mission. And we need to do it to get back home or we could stay here for the rest nod our lives. "You wer sent back before me, so we both have something to accomplish. In our spare time we should think of things we need to change or make happen." He nodded, "your boss in this" I looked over at the shelves were john was at, trying to dissid out which book to check out. I got up, leaving my books at the table, and started walking over to John. "What you looking at?" I asked looking over his shoulders at the books. "I'm trying to dissid between the ambassador or the source. Which one do you think is best?" He handed me one and I read a couple of pages, he handed me the other and I did the same. "I can't tell, the only way to know is to read them all the way through. You can't tell whats going to happen in a book by reading the first three pages." I said with a smile, he grinned and said, "your right, I'm just going to have to get both. Then I can dissid after I have read all." He walked up to the desk and I went back to the table and got my books. "I think we're done now." I said to dad, he stood up and put John's extra jacket on. John came back with the two books and we wer on our way back to the house.

A/N

I think I have gotten better on writing. Tell me what you think in the comments, the word count without the A/N is 841.

Have a good rest of your day/night!