Twenty-Eight

Grayson P.O.V

Within moments of entering the basement, the door slammed shut behind me. Everyone but Marcus and his father jumped at the slamming of the door. My eyes scanned the door, any logic flying out the window while inside a warlock's home. Guess it would have to be something to get used to. Marcus looked relaxed around his father, totally different from the tenser side of him that we saw before it was revealed to be his father, who was inside the house.

Marcus chuckled, turning around to glance at us before continuing down the stairs. "Should have warned you about the door," Marcus said teasingly. Time huffed in my arms, mumbling about Marcus being an a**hole. I could only laugh at the interactions between my mates. Time's head shot up to look at me, his eyes wide. I glanced down at him, confused, but his eyes looked away, a startled expression on his face. I looked at Time, wondering what he freaked out about before glancing at Jordan.

Since Marcus's father scolded her over cheating, she has gone quiet. She seemed lost in her thoughts. Internally though, I was kind of hurt. She never once mentioned to me that she was cheating. She never mentioned any of it to me. I had to find out through her phone. Through the messages she'd receive from people, some angry, others curious. I might not attend the same school as her, but I thought she'd tell me about her problems, with school or relationships. Never thought she'd be the type to cheat either.

But she was still my best friend, secrets, and lies regardless. Maybe she was planning on telling me eventually, and even if she didn't, I would have been there to listen to her problems. If she had told me about finding her mate, I would have encouraged her to break up with Marcus, who I had only heard about faintly. Werewolves didn't typically date someone that wasn't their mate.

There wasn't much logic behind dating someone you wouldn't be with forever.

At the end of the stairs was another door, but this door was covered in vines breaking through old looking wood. It resembled something that came from a fallen castle, something left lost and forgotten to be altered by the world. It was nice looking, but what was hidden behind the door was so much more impressive.

Marcus's father opened the door, and instead of seeing a basement like I had thought I was going to, I saw a forest. How was this a basement? I didn't understand it, but it didn't matter. Marcus and his father walked through the door, which made us hurry to follow behind. When I closed the door behind us, I almost hesitated. Was the door going to disappear, and we will end up trapped here forever? Thankfully, the door remained visible. The new environment didn't seem fake or unreal. It seemed real, so if this was some illusion created by the warlocks, then I'm beyond impressed and slightly creeped out.

"Don't worry, it is real, and yes, you will be able to get back any other questions before we get down to business?" Marcus's father asked, looking at me with a humorous gaze. I stared back baffled before Tiny looked at me with a blank stare.

"You've been staring at the door for the past three minutes without moving," Tiny stated, looking around bored. "I was about to ask Marcus to carry me because you've become a statue." Tiny wiggled his fingers at the word statue, a disgusted look on his face. I looked at him with confusion.

"Are you against statues?" I asked him, finally walking away from the door, my attention now one him. Tiny had a look on his face, looking away from me to look at the ground.

"They're scary," Tiny mumbled, making me laugh lightly. He glared at me, clearly not appreciating my laughter. I hugged him closer to my chest, enjoying learning the small, potentially unimportant things about one of my mates. Marcus burst into laughter, startling both Tiny and me. Time seemed to realize that he just confessed one of his fears to everyone in the room, turned bright red with embarrassment. "I swear to god if that get's leaked," Time snapped at all of us, his gaze turning towards Jordan, who had a smirk forming on her face.