Twenty-Two

Time P.O.V

I meant it that the first few seconds were nice. Just glancing around the new space, I had been excited about having the chance to see more than a glimpse of the beautiful mansion in the middle of the woods. The excitement had been eating me up inside. That was until we bumped into someone.

We walked into a room that had the staircase to the second floor in it. There was a huge archway that led into a nicely furnished living room. I wanted to run into that room and acquaint myself with one of the fluffy looking couches. The only thing that stopped me was the werewolf holding me and my ankle.

I would have asked to see more of the living room had a guy in an overly expensive tux didn't walk out, a short brunette woman following behind him, readjusting her button-up blouse. Her hair, which I assumed was ironed to be curly, was ruined, strands popping out of the likely once neat hair-due. Her lipstick was faded now, smeared slightly on one side, but only enough to see if you were paying attention. The guy was a different story. The only thing about him that was overly out of place was the redness in his face and the slightest glaze of sweat on his brow.

I don't think I have to, nor do I want to explain what exactly took place in that living room.

I'm not sure that I'd want to lay on one of those couches anymore. I don't think anybody would want to.

It didn't take the male in the ridiculous looking tux but a few seconds to notice us standing there. I immediately knew that this man wasn't a good guy. Maybe it was the way he narrowed his eyes at Grayson with something akin to disapproval. But I think it was the man's thoughts that really made me not like him. Something thought but never said, can sometimes be the most hurtful things.

'F**king b*stard, who are these intruders, and why does he think he has the right to just bring them onto pack land?!'

The first two words screamed at me that this guy did not like Grayson, which made me question multiple things. Who this guy even was, and why he didn't like Puppy. They didn't resemble each other, so maybe he was a higher-ranked pack member? Although I lacked a lot of knowledge about werewolves, I've read some books with small snippets of werewolf stuff. Assuming those books are a good source of information, this guy was a higher-ranked member of this pack hierarchy.

Even so, he doesn't look like someone who deserves any form of respect for it.

I may only be able to read thoughts, but I had a sinking feeling that this guy has done something awful in the past. Something unforgivable. It was just a hunch, though.

The woman's reaction to seeing us startled me. She looked shocked to see us, fixing her shirt faster than before running away. She looked like she wanted to be as far away from this room as possible. I watched her disappear into another room, a quickness in her step. I would have asked Puppy about her reaction if the tensity in the room didn't skyrocket.

"Grayson, I thought I told you about bring strangers into the house," There were words that he clearly wanted to say in place of strangers and house. He probably thought we were stupid humans who didn't know that this place was probably lurking with werewolves. Jokes on him, Marcus is a wizard, and I'm a . . . who knows what that can read minds.

Grayson didn't say anything at first, and it didn't look like the guy was really expecting a response. I could hear Grayson's mental panicking, but it was too rapid and faint for me to pick out words. I almost wanted to comfort Grayson, but I couldn't. I wasn't close enough to the teenage werewolf to be any help in the comforting department.

I should have known not to let them carry me to an unknown location in the middle of the woods.

"I want them out of the house immediately, and you will be punished accordingly for even bring them inside," The guy said as he walked away, a cockiness about him that I didn't like. He adjusted his tie as he walked away, sending all of us a passing glare. He walked down the hallway, opening a door, before slamming it behind him. I jumped at the sound of it.

Grayson let out a deep breath of relief. Marcus turned towards Grayson, a clear look of concern in his eyes.

"Who was that?" Marcus asked, looking worried about the turn of events. I was even more confused than anything else, but it was because I didn't know anything about what was going on. Marcus seemed to know more than I did, but it seemed like even he didn't know the whole story. I was envious of that, even though I knew I shouldn't be. A noisy part of me wanted to be the one who knew what was going on, but did I deserve to even know?

"My uncle,"

It was a short and bitter answer, but it was the way that Puppy said it that shocked me. There was no love or compassion behind those words, only coldness, and hatred. He clearly disliked the man as much as the man disliked him. It must be a rough relationship. I didn't say anything about it, though.

I'm kind of afraid that if I say the wrong thing, Grayson might accidentally drop me.

Grayson waited a couple of seconds before moving towards the stairs, a distant look in his eyes that wasn't there before. I moved to lay my head on his shoulder, hoping the contact would snap him out of the funk he had fallen in.

I didn't pay that much attention to the walls as we climbed the stairs, the urge to look around left with the appearance of the uncle. I was actually more concerned about Grayson, which was weird for me.

I wasn't behaving as my usual self would. I never cared about who got hurt when I revealed people's secrets. Ever since I revealed the cheating scandal between Jordan and Tim, which involved Lainny and made the whole mess. For the first time, I was generally feeling bad about the outcome of revealing the secret.

Once again, I was unaware as to where exactly we were going. It didn't take long for Grayson to enter a room, and when he did, I knew for a fact that my worst nightmare was about to come true.

Inside the room, sitting on the king-sized bed was Jordan, who looked up when we entered.

I knew the moment I saw her that I was royally screwed.

I couldn't help but anxiously glance towards Marcus and Grayson, neither of which looked shocked to see her. Marcus, however, had an awkward look on his face when he glanced at her.

I highly doubt that the two of them would even want to talk to me when they learn exactly what I had done in the past few days. The secrets I've told and how I've learned them . . . would they want to have anything to do with me? Why would I even care?