Twenty-Four

Marcus P.O.V

I didn't think that attempting to heal Time again would go so badly. I didn't stop to think that something bad was about to happen. The guilt of unintentionally harming my fated ruled my actions. I couldn't help but feel like I failed my fated earlier in the woods. He was my fated; I'm supposed to protect him, keep him safe. My magic should have allowed me to do just that, but instead, it only seemed to cause more harm than good.

Why is my magic suddenly failing me?

I reached towards his ankle with already lit finger-tips, feeling the gentle waves of my magic, the energy just waiting to escape my body. It had been the same way as before, too, the eagerness to be useful. Magic was like a tightly compressed bottle of soda; shake the bottle up, and it will explode.

I didn't really stop to consider whether or not Tiny would want a second attempt towards healing him. I didn't think that something similar to before would happen again. When it did, I knew for a fact that it was more than just my magic going haywire. Tiny had something to do with it, whether purposefully or otherwise.

The moment my fingers touched his bruised skin, all I could feel was power. It was hard to describe with words. It felt like I was being touched by the sun, by pure energy. The urge to keep him close, to bask in that power, was strong. At that moment, I felt like I would do anything to ensure that I could feel that energy.

I felt like that until I didn't anymore.

The warmth turned into darkness. All I felt was an unknown force, unknown magic shoving me away from Time, slamming me against the closest wall. I wasn't the only one affected either, as Grayson was pushed back, which resulted in him dropping Time.

I couldn't do anything but stare at Time. Without a doubt in my mind, the entire forceful magic shove was caused by him. But that doesn't make sense if he's human; like I've been assuming, he was. If he were a warlock like me, I would have known the moment I saw him. I would have sensed him within the school; if I didn't, someone else in the coven would have. I have no idea what Time was. Before I could ask him any questions in regards to magic, Jordan opened her mouth, vocalizing her shock.

"What the f*ck just happened?!" She asked loudly, hopping off the bed where she had remained unaffected by whatever it was that Time did. Any doubt that it was Time who made my magic freak out before was swept away by his anxious and pale expression. Even with that expression, though, Time looked confused and scared. Jordan had her eyes locked on Time, gazing at him like he was a freak. Ironic considering no one in here was human, herself included.

Time slowly glanced up from where he was awkwardly attempting to stand, his eyes moved to meet mine. His beautiful orbs were filled with fright. I could sense fear coming off of him in waves. His eyes shifted, beginning to dart around the room, looking at Jordan and Grayson. He looked afraid of us at that moment. That was the only thing that stood out to me at that moment was the fragile look in his eyes.

Grayson pushed himself off the wall, taking a few small steps towards Time, attempting to approach him without getting noticed. Like me, Grayson's eyes held concern for our fated. Grayson's eyes were darting between Tiny's ankle and his face. Grayson looked ready to sweep Time off of his feet and comfort our small fated. I don't think Time would let him, though. The irrational fear seemed to put Tiny in a defensive mode.

That was when I noticed Time was slowly creeping towards the door, planning to escape the scenario we were now in. I couldn't blame him. If it were me, I wouldn't want to be faced with the same situation. But running away solves nothing. He could try and run away today, but I think Grayson and I have proved to be rather persistent. Grayson noticed Time's attempt to escape, pausing in approaching him. He didn't outright attempt to stop him, but I have a feeling that Grayson wouldn't let Tiny leave.