Twenty-Six

Time P.O.V

After the words 'coven' escaped Marcus's bow-shaped lips, I had this bad feeling begin to form at the pit of my stomach. Witches meant more magic, and from what I've seen so far, magic wasn't going to be the magical solution. Magic clearly wasn't the solution to this problem; a hospital was. But neither one of the two stupid idiots seemed to think of that overly simple solution. Must be to human for them to even suggest.

Of course, my opinion wasn't allowed. I couldn't even give the suggestion for a hospital before Grayson was lifting me off the bed, holding me tightly to his chest. They hurried out of the bedroom, leaving Jordan in the room. I personally think that's the best thing either of them has done. They both deserve a gold star for that.

"Are we sure that going to a coven filled with more Marcus's is a smart idea?" I asked as they began to leave the packhouse. I most definitely do not see the benefit of what we were about to do. If Marcus was unable to heal me, I don't see how another witch could. How could I trust some stranger, a witch at that, to heal me when all magic has done was make my ankle worse?

"You'll be fine," Marcus pushed my question down, but I could tell that he as nervous too. His mind was active with anxiety, and although his thoughts were too scrambled to decipher one particular thought, I was able to gather that he was afraid of what his mother would think. I couldn't figure out what that thought meant. Think about what? I paused for a moment, thinking about the interactions between Grayson and Marcus. Could it be that they were in a relationship? Is that what Marcus is afraid his mother will think badly about? Or is it simply because he brought a ME with him onto coven grounds.

Who knows! Coven grounds could be sacred to their ancestors or something stupid along those lines. If it was, I doubt that Marcus would have brought me onto the lands in the first place. I mean, why would he chase me into woods just to take me to his coven to have me sacrificed to some god? Ignore that last part, the imagination of a teen can really get the best of us.

At least, I hope his coven won't think I'm a sacrifice.

"Are you sure?" I asked, making myself scared of the witches that I've never met before. It was irrational, but what if they tried the same crap as Marcus and something happens. I don't want to have to explain to a bunch of witches that I can read minds. I don't want to find out how they'd react to that.

"Tiny-, I mean Time," He corrected himself after I sent him a glare. "I wouldn't take you there if I didn't think it would help. Besides, you're not meeting my entire coven, just my father," Marcus reassured me, but I sent him a dead look.

"How is your father going to help when you couldn't?" I asked, not considering the fact that what I was saying could really begin to hurt Marcus's feelings. "I think we should take me to a human hospital," I recommend, hoping that they'd accept that, and we'd not have to go onto witch territory.

"And tell them what?" Marcus snapped, seemingly losing his patience for my constant questions. "That a witch chased you into the woods? That a werewolf had to carry you to a freaking hospital?"

I stared at him like he was stupid.

"I would tell them I tripped over a log," I said slowly, not seeing why he'd think I'd mention the supernatural parts. That was the part that I wish didn't exist, so why would I go out and tell everybody about it. The last thing I needed was to be labeled as a freak.

Marcus just sighed. Grayson didn't comment on the whole thing. Instead, he tugged me closer into his arms, holding me more securely. I had to admit, I felt more than safe in his arms, not like I would let him hold me like this ever again. The moment I was able to walk, I was going to.