Twenty-Seven

Time P.O.V

When we first walked up to the trailer park, you never assume that there was a witch coven hidden within. It looks like any other trailer park out there, blending in to be something less significant than what it really was. To the human eye, it was nothing more than an enclosed trailer park, but to the supernaturals, it was a clan of magic-wielding witches.

Any other time I wouldn't have known either, just as oblivious as everyone else. The things you learn after being chased into the woods by a warlock. For a second, I tried to convince myself that I wasn't being carried into a coven full of witches, but when I saw a few people appear around a corner, their thoughts came to me like a sudden flash of light. It was pretty obvious based on what they thought that they weren't human, or that they were psycho.

I'll save you the graphic details, as one of them was heavily planning a murder.

I wanted us to turn around and leave, but seeing the slightest of smiles appearing on Marcus's face made me halt in that thought. He looked at peace, like he was in his element. It made me wonder if he felt safer here, surrounded by crazy people. People who were just like him, his family. I wish I had that, the security in knowing you weren't alone out there, that you had an entire coven, a family, to return too. A family that was just like you . . .

I never wanted to fit in more than I did in that one moment; when I noticed how happy Marcus seemed when he was around his kind. Grayson hadn't look this comfortable in his pack, but that was probably due to the bad blood between him and his uncle. It didn't help that I caused a war between myself and Jordan. I still didn't like that she was coming along, ignoring her presence as she followed behind us. I can't force myself to like her.

She just didn't seem that likable; I don't know what Grayson see's in her. Then again, he didn't start off on the wrong foot either. Truth-hurts, b*tch. I wonder what she would say if she knew what I was thinking about. She'd probably be mad, not that it particularly hurt me to know she was upset. No, it would affect Grayson. Why that mattered, I don't know. I couldn't have explained it, as even I didn't know. I couldn't explain the feeling that spawned in the pit of my stomach at the thought of Grayson and Marcus being sad. It infuriated me, these new, uncontrollable feelings that I bet was caused by these two idiots, but I wouldn't say anything, hoping that I'd pick it up on it from their thoughts.

Even when a person is untruthful, the mind never lies.

Marcus began to lead us towards a particular trailer, one that I told myself to memorize that path towards it, in case these people actually turned out to be crazy. Not that it would do me much good, not with this sh*tty ankle issue. They could literally be leading me to my imprisonment, and I wouldn't be able to fight back, not that I likely would have been anyway, not with Grayson's developing muscles. That man is a moving weapon.

I took the assumption that this was Marcus's home, although they looked all the same. None of them had anything unique about them, aside from a house number placed beside the doors. Marcus halted before opening the door, turning to look at us hesitantly.

"Trust with your eyes," Marcus said solemnly, confusing all of us. "All things are illusions," Marcus looked at all three of us before opening the door and entering his house. I didn't understand what he meant until Grayson walked them across the threshold. It was as if a veil had been draped over our eyes because instead of seeing a small, cramped trailer, I saw a hunormous main hall, much bigger than the entire trailer had appeared to be in size.

I should have assumed that witches wouldn't want to live in a trailer park. With magical powers, I should have expected that they would have the ability to create such a thing.