Fourteen

Marcus P.O.V

The moment we walked into the nurse's office, it looked as if nothing had happened like I wasn't in the office minutes earlier. The nurse was awake again, resuming what she had been doing when I first broke in. The girls were still unconscious, which was good. The nurse looked up, giving us the same look she gave me earlier. Thankfully, there was no recognition in her eyes. All she did was scowl at us in annoyance.

"Excuse me, you boys should have knocked before entering the room," The nurse attempted to scold us, but it was clear that neither one of us was really listening. I couldn't help but roll my eyes, annoyed with how similar the scolding was compared to the one minute earlier. The nurse continued to slide the thermometer back into her nurse's coat pocket before giving her attention to me and my fated. "Now, what can I do you for?" She asked politely, even though I could tell she didn't want to deal with us. Typical nurse. Although this time, it was kind of justifiable since she has to take care of two mysteriously unconscious teenage girls.

"I'm the one here to pick up Jordan," Grayson said, a sudden seriousness taking over. I was shocked at how quickly his very happy-go-lucky personality melted away. If I didn't know he was an alpha before, I most definitely knew it now. Even a human would be able to sense the dominance coming off my fated in heavy waves.

"Ah," The nurse said as she walked back around the desk, grabbing one of the two folders laying out. There was a whole shelf of files identical to the two on the desk behind her in alphabetical order. All the high school's medical records. "Mr . . . McStorn?" The nurse asked for verification, to which Grayson nodded, walking over to the unconscious Jordan.

"She is okay, right?" Grayson asked, concern evident in his voice. He looked back at the nurse when she didn't verbally reply, looking at her impatiently.

"She's fine. Although I don't know exactly why either one of them passed out, I'm positive she is okay now. She isn't running a fever, and her heart rate is normal. She also doesn't have any head-related injuries," The nurse finished off, looking at Grayson as she spoke, completely ignoring my existence. I'm pretty sure Grayson tuned her out after she said Jordan was okay.

"So, I'm good to take her home, correct?" Grayson asked, not really waiting for an answer as his arms slide underneath Jordan's knees, preparing to lift her off the cot.

"Uh, yes, if you're in that much of a rush," The nurse said, looking at the way Grayson just lifts Jordan, a hesitant look on her face. I know the nurse stereotype is that they don't care, but in that moment, she looked like she cared about Jordan's wellbeing. Grayson took that as a green light and fully lifted Jordan, holding her in his arms effortlessly. Seeing him hold Jordan like that would have worried me if I didn't know he was a werewolf. The nurse clearly didn't know that Grayson wasn't human. She looked ready to demand that Grayson put her back down, but she ultimately held her tongue.

I left the office first so that the nurse's attention wouldn't return to me. She would see me, know that I'm a student, and attempt to send me back to class. As far as I'm concerned, school is the least important thing in my life right now. There was no way I was leaving Grayson's side anytime soon. Unlike our shorter fated, I knew I would see him again soon, but that wasn't a guarantee with Grayson. I have a feeling Grayson will put an effort to run into us more often now that he knows who we are.

I would seriously have to talk to Tiny about running into people. He needs to be more aware of his surroundings. If he doesn't, then he is going to continue to run into people. I'm scared that one day he's going to run into someone who isn't going to be a good person. Someone who wouldn't hesitate in harming my fated. Although I love it, he was on the shorter, thinner side of the world. He wasn't overly short, but he was shorter than me.

I have a feeling that height is going to be a no-no topic around Tiny.

Grayson slipped out of the nurse's office behind me, leaving the door open because his hands were occupied. He could probably carry Jordan with one hand, but he didn't seem like he wanted to show off his strength in front of humans.

Grayson smiled at me, quickly glancing between me and Jordan. I could tell that he was concerned over how we would interact with each other, knowing that we once dated. Luckily, we never got intimate with each other; it was rare for us to even remotely kiss. I managed to make a weird love-triangle before I even knew that Grayson was my fated. If only I had known that my ex-girlfriend's best friend was my fated. Heck, would I have ever met Grayson if Jordan and Lainny didn't pass out in the cafeteria? If Tiny didn't run away from me?

I still have no idea who was behind that. I'm confident that it was something magic-related; it couldn't just be a scary coincidence. Two people don't just faint at the same exact time without something making it happen. This entire situation was dangerous. The person, or thing, could become a threat to anyone it decides to target. I'm not just going to assume that this person used whatever they did to solely stop the fight.

I glanced over at my ex. Would Grayson let me use my magic like I had intended too to trace the magic, or would that freak him out too much? I don't want him to hate me for my magic this early off the get-go.

"Grayson?" I drew in his attention as I pushed the front doors of the school open, holding them for him. My fated's eyes snapped to me as we both began to walk down the steps. "Would you be okay if I used my magic on Jordan to see what kind of magic was used? It could help me track down who did it," I explained, ignoring the wave of anxiety that filled me. A look of confusion appeared on Grayson's face.

"Magic?" Grayson asked. "Magic had something to do with this?" Oh, so he didn't think outside the box about it . . .

I nodded my head, almost completely certain that magic had been the cause of the scenario that we were now living. I could practically see the wheels in my fated's head turn as he digested the information. I frowned slightly, hoping he wasn't cursing magic out in his head. I would have to show him that magic could be a beautiful thing when looked at in a positive light. If only people didn't use it for the wrong things.

Grayson looked down at his unconscious best friend, a frown on his face as he pulled her closer to his chest. I could practically feel the protectiveness pooling off of him. I couldn't wait for the moment that the possessiveness he was expressing towards his best friend would one day be presented towards me. Me and Tiny. That would be a wonderful day, and a day I am willing to wait for.

I probably won't have to for very long, in the books, werewolves didn't waste time with the whole mating game.

Grayson thought over what I proposed, taking a couple of minutes to think it over. He almost seemed like he wanted to ask Jordan, but she wasn't awake to express her opinion on the matter.

"Yeah, let's do it,"