Twelve

Marcus P.O.V

When I finally managed to catch up to my fated, it was the moment that he pushed the front door open to exit the school. I was lucky that my fated doesn't pay attention to his surroundings because he immediately crashed into a person who was about to enter the school, causing a small collision. I let out a thankful sigh, exiting the building at a slower pace, glad to be given a moment of peace after running through the whole school. The guy who caught my fated had very good reflexes, managing to catch him without either of them falling to the ground.

For a couple of seconds, an uncontrollable possessive energy filled me. Someone else had their hands on my fated. The guy's hands were resting right above my fated's rear-end, on the small droop of his back. I didn't even know my fated's name, and yet I was already this possessive feeling over him. It was to be expected, though. He was my fated; it only made sense that a form of possessiveness would appear.

That was when I took notice of who, or what, the guy who caught my fated was. The guy was a werewolf and knowing this only made my protective urge flare. I knew how werewolves worked their game. I should know since my ex was a werewolf. I should have known better than to date someone that would leave you the moment they found the one. It made more sense for me to date someone who wasn't my fated, because unlike werewolves, the chances of me finding my fated were smaller than them finding their mate. We shouldn't have dated because neither one of us were destined to be together in the long run.

The werewolf seemed to notice my presence and looked around my fated to look me in the eyes.

What I saw shocked me beyond belief. The werewolf's eyes were beautiful. They drew me in the same way they pulled me to my fated, and I knew in that instance that I didn't have a singular fated, I had two: a werewolf and this boy.

This wasn't a regular occurrence, either. A fated pair was almost always two, not three. It was practically unheard of for three males to be paired together; usually, a female was added for reproduction purposes, which is why same-sexed fated pairs were very uncommon but rarely shunned. I wouldn't tolerate my clan shunning my fated's.

The werewolf seemed to come to the same conclusion as me, a wide smile gracing his attractive face, and excitement filled his eyes. He seemed just as excited as I did on the inside; only his excitement was much more visible compared to mine.

Our smaller fated didn't seem to understand the excitement, still attempting to run away. My smaller fated yanked away from our werewolf and began to run away immediately. For a second, my werewolf looked ready to run after him, but when he noticed my lack of concern and the fact that I wasn't running after the smaller mate, he halted in place. If he was in wolf form, I'm sure his head would have been cutely tilted, and his ears drooped.

"Aren't we going to follow him?" My werewolf fated asked. I shook my head no, smiling at him. As much as I'd love to chase after my other fated mate, I knew that I would be able to see him again tomorrow. It would be wise for me to give him a day to calm down. The last thing I'd want is for our fated to be scared of us, more specifically, me. I'd see him tomorrow or the next day since he wouldn't be able to avoid school forever.

"No, I'll find him later, I'm Marcus," I said, reaching my hand out to shake hands with the werewolf. He smiled brightly at me, eliminating the one-step of distance between us and pulled me to his chest, hugging the literal life out of me. I was shocked at first, not expecting this form of embrace. I should have expected it, though. Werewolves were very loving toward their mates. I have no doubt that he has the same feelings that I have towards him, the pull of our particular bonds meeting in the middle.

He pulled back slightly, the same wide grin on his face that he had when he first saw our smaller mate was present now. His eyes examined my face before he spoke, as well.

"I'm Grayson!" He said with such a happy and wide smile on his attractive face. "You're my mate," He said it as if it wasn't obvious, and something that should be seen as amazing. I know he's happy about this because some wolves never find their mate; each case was different. I wonder if finding a mate is rare in his pack. It was much rarer for my kind to find our destined one than werewolves.

"I'm aware of that," I admitted in a nonchalant way. His head tilted cutely as he sniffed the air, not even attempting to hide it.

"You smell human, but humans don't know about supernatural stuff like mates," Grayson said hesitantly. "Are you a supernatural?" Grayson asked carefully, most likely not wanting to come off as rude. Some species hated when they were asked what they were, not taking into consideration that it wasn't always obvious. He is lucky that it doesn't bother me, considering my kind was known under multiple different names. Some even called us magic wielders to avoid insulting us. I have personally never cared, but some do.

"I'm a warlock, sorcerer, magic wielder, whichever you prefer to use. I basically have magic," I said, lifting my hands, a small barely visible ball of fire appearing in my palms. It was a small display, but it seemed to impress my fated. I don't know if werewolves are exposed very often to magic outside of shifting. My kind doesn't often associate themselves with werewolves.

"That is so cool!" Grayson said wide-eyed. "My best friend would go crazy over something like that," Grayson added, looking intuitively at my hands, looking for signs of burns. I was filled with interest in my mates, and those he kept company with.

"Whose that?" I asked, wondering who his best friend was. Does his best friend attend this school? Thinking about it, Jordan was a werewolf too, is she apart of my fated's pack? She never took it upon herself to tell me she was a werewolf or anything about her close friends. That had been something that always threw me off. She kept so much of her life private from me, small things like who she hung out with was a top-security secret to her.

"Oh, f*ck! I just remembered why I came here," and with that, my fated ran into the school. Shocked, I turn around to follow after him. A laugh escaped as I realized something.

My fated's are runaways.