Twenty-Five

Time P.O.V

My head was cradled against Grayson's chest, the muscles flexing slightly with each inhale of breath. I can now understand why couples do this, it is incredibly relaxing, and for once, my mind was clear. I knew it was probably a very temporary thing, as those pesky thoughts always came back, but for a couple of moments, it was nice.

It would have been nicer if I didn't feel like my biggest secret was about to ruin the rest of my life.

Please don't take me wrong. I've always had a feeling that my telepathy was going to be something that would ultimately control my life. That I would eventually become a hermit and be forced to live the rest of my life in solitude as I was slowly driven insane. At least, that's what usually happens to telepaths in books and movies.

I don't want to be controlled by my mind-reading abilities, nor did I want my abilities to be used. That was usually what happened to mind readers; they either lost their minds or got used to gather intel for some third party. That, and I don't want to know what the supernatural community would do with someone like me, considering that they don't have people like me walking around already. They might have thousands of people like me, then again, based on the facial expression Marcus had when he heard what I said, I don't think so.

Which is kind of scary, imagine being the only one of your kind in a world filled with people who are supernaturally superior. Ha-ha . . . I hope that isn't the case.

I could feel Marcus on the other side of my body, leaning closer to me than towards Jordan. I couldn't blame him, though, as I kind of wanted to get as far away as possible from Jordan, who had been screaming moments earlier both about and at me.

The whole room was quiet, the sound of our breathing was the only thing that could be heard in the room. I wanted someone to say something because even my mind was blank. I was used to hearing people, regardless of if I was actually involved in the conversation or not, it was a conversation none-the-less. I would never repeat this, but I kind of missed the voices, not the ones in my head, the actual people.

I wanted them to talk, as long as it wasn't Jordan because I feel like she would just start yelling at me again. I didn't feel like I deserved a take-two of the yelling from minutes ago. Very hesitantly, a large hand crept onto my head and very carefully began to caress my hair. If anybody other than Grayson had been doing it, I would have flipped out. Well, I might have allowed Marcus, but seriously, anybody else, I would have panicked. Thankfully for everyone else in the room, I wouldn't have to have a reason to flip out. Grayson's hands were rather warm, and not for a moment did I feel threatened, his hands only seemed to hold compassion and protectiveness.

I actually enjoyed his touch, which I wouldn't admit.

"Time, how long have you been able to read minds?" Marcus asked, leaning away from me to better look me in the eyes. I glanced into his eyes before looking back down, flushing from embarrassment. Of all the people in the world that I'd get embarrassed over eye contact, of course, it would have to be Marcus. I hope it doesn't end up like this with Grayson as well.

"Young, really young," I said quietly, lifting my head from the comforting embrace of Grayson's hands. I don't think it's anybody's business that the first time I read minds was me accidentally overhearing my mother mentioning divorce. It's really no one's business.

"So, it's not recent?" Grayson asked, looking at me with a curious glance. I shook my head. It was in no way recent, if it was recent, then I would have been a mental mess. I don't know if I could manage having another issue. If I had to add the new mind-reading abilities to creepy stalkers, I'm still salty about that.

"No," I said calmly, wanting to dart back into the safe crevice of Grayson's chest, but with the way that we had all sat up, I knew it wasn't an option. Even if I wanted to, I don't think he'd let me.

"So what?" Jordan snapped, jumping off the bed. "Him reading minds doesn't excuse him invading literally everyone in our school's privacy. Our thoughts shouldn't be invaded by this little freak," Jordan snapped at me. She hopped off the bed and turned to face the three of us remaining on the bed.

I glared back at her. I would have stood if my ankle wasn't horribly messed up and sprained. "I can't control it!!" I yelled back at her. She looked shocked, straightening her back in anger. She looked at Grayson and Marcus, waiting for one of them to say something. I glanced at the two of them, but they weren't looking at me. They were looking at Jordan.

I wasn't an emotional person, but I could feel tears threaten to leak from my eyes. We're they agreeing with her? I honestly couldn't control my mind reading! I haven't been able to my entire life! It was honestly the last thing I needed to be scolded about.

I hesitantly attempted to stand up, but the slightest pressure on my ankle sent shockwaves from my ankles all the way up my leg. I let out one of the loudest gasps, which seemed to gather the two boys' attention almost instantly.

"Okay, we seriously have to do something about your ankle," Marcus said in a panic. Grayson let out a gentle whimper, pulling me onto his lap, wrapping an arm around my waist gently. A hand was instantly running through my hair, sending pleasant waves of comfort down my spine to contract my ankle pains. "Gray, does your pack have a good pack healer?" Marcus asked Grayson. I wanted to giggle at his nickname, but I didn't make a single noise. I could tell that it was a serious conversation. I wanted to tell them not to worry about my ankle, it would heal on its own, slowly, and painfully, but it would heal.

"Unfortunately not, the last one died not too long ago, and my uncle hasn't looked into directing anyone into the position," Grayson said embarrassed.

"Well then," Marcus said, standing up. "It looks like we'll have to go to my coven for medical assistance," I glanced at him, confused.

Wasn't a coven a large group of witches?

Why do I feel like this isn't going to end very well? 

Time Change (bxb)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें