"You could say it is a company car," said Leon looking over his shoulder giving Ash one of his cheeky grins.

"I see...the Holy mumbo jumbo business is doing well. The pay must be good then...you guys recruiting?" he asked returning the grin. Leon laughed but didn't answer.

Ash peered out of the window and was in awe, at the drastic change in scenery. Back home, in the county of Sussex, it was rolling hills and farmlands around the City of Brighton, but all he could see outside his window now were steep mountainous valleys of rock. Many had rocky corries and crags at their peaks, but that was only the beginning of its striking beauty.

Ash peered forward through the windscreen and exclaimed openly to everyone.

"Holly shit! WOW!"

The car dipped down a steep narrow road, and straight in front of them was the most incredible view. The morning sun had just clipped the mountains opposite, its rays hitting the nearest Lake directly below them, its surface shimmered and sparkled like billions of colourful jewels.

As he peered further along the shoreline in the distance, the sun's rays began to attack the morning mist, smothering everything along the water's edge like a low-line cloud. As he watched, the sun burned away the heavy moisture to reveal a small town of stone houses close to the water's edge but spreading away for a mile in both directions into the mountain ridges.

"That is awesome," he said not able to take his eyes away. Emma gave his hand another gentle squeeze and he turned to catch her smiling warmly at him.

"Yes, it is incredible. I wanted Aimee to take us this way. If I get the chance over the next few days I would like to show you another of my favourite places, on the other side," she said with a hopeful look on her face.

"Oh, yeah, count me in," he said returning her smile before quickly peering back at the distant Lake, not wanting to miss a single second. Leon chuckled, while Aimee huffed and aggressively turned the wheel, accelerating down another turning, the entire car groaning and crying out as if in pain.

The sudden change of direction caused Emma to fall against him and her hand to rest gently on his thigh. Their bodies pressed together and moulded into one, Ash wrapped his arm around her, feeling her softness as she leaned against him. For a moment, their eyes locked onto each other and nothing else in the world existed.

Her emerald gaze mesmerized him and he felt himself beginning to lose himself in those deep green pools, the edges flickering with her unnatural energy. Both their hearts pounded together and their breathing deepened. She closed her eyes, opened her mouth slightly, and gave a soft moan as he leaned forward and gently held her in his arms. He touched her cheek and brushed his fingers to her neck pulling her face towards him. It was a dream, a wish come true and it was happening.

Suddenly the crystal flared up and a sharp pain shot through his chest, just as the car jolted and the tyres squealed, causing them both to painfully knock their heads together with a loud crack.

"Oh sorry," apologized Ash, frantically rubbing his forehead. Emma was rubbing hers, glaring at the back of Aimee's seat.

"Don't apologize, Ashley, it's not your fault my sister can't drive." She snapped. Ash caught a sly grin in the review mirror from Aimee.

"M, can I drive, please, can I drive the last few miles," begged Leon, turning to face them.

"Next time Leon, even though she is a bit rough around the edges today, Aimee hasn't driven for a while, so be nice...for now."

"I can tell she is, a bit rusty - aren't we Aims, maybe it's a good time to ask for a rematch on our last race over Hardknott pass."

Leon's voice faded as Ash stopped listening and reached for the crystal, now cool against his skin. He was not sure why it had flared up, just before he kissed the girl of his dreams. Emma had leaned away from him now, her arms tightly across her chest, peering out the window. He sighed in defeat.

When will life give me something positive? Always so close, but ever so far away...

"Where exactly are we?" he asked, intentionally butting in over Leon's conversation, who was whining about how he had been cheated the last time. Aimee had not added a single thing to the conversation, letting Leon rabbit on and on and on...

"We are passing the town of Keswick, just off the Lake of Derwent water." Emma's tone was calm; the model of composure again, it amazed him how quickly she could regain her serenity. As if nothing had happened between them, moments ago.

What if I am mistaken? Can I be?

"It is so unfair...Aim's been driving all night," moaned Leon chucking a small container of fruit juice over his shoulder at Ash, who caught it, and began unravelling the straw.

"Nice catch Ashy" he exclaimed, just as Aimee hit the brakes, jolting everyone forwards. Ash saw a sign saying WELCOME TO PORTINSCALE flow past, just as a row of stone-coloured houses, loomed up on either side.

"Sorry, I forgot that it dropped down to thirty here," she said. It was the first thing Aimee had said since he had woken up. Ash paused, pondering how her sultry tone twisted his gut.

Ash shook his head to regain his composure and savoured the orange juice in his mouth, taking away the dryness of the breakfast bar. The liquid was heavenly as it flowed down his throat. He pulled it away from his mouth, suddenly realizing that he had probably slept for over six hours if they were near their destination.

"I hope I didn't snore, or talk in my sleep," he piped up, cringing at the possible reply.

"Yea, a few times you mentioned Emma, drooling all over her lap with a creepy grin on your face." Leon sniggered "Must have been a dirty dream mate." He peered over his shoulder trying hard not to smile. Ash's stomach churned and his face burned. He hoped he was kidding. However, he peered at Emma.

"Ignore him, you were dead to the world, didn't hear a peep from you all the way," she reassured, smiling.

"Emma your no fun," grumbled Leon.

"Sometimes there are repercussions from being healed so quickly...and the injuries you had were quite severe Ashley. Anna had caused some head trauma to your skull, and you had four broken ribs, a broken nose and cheekbone. Your body was exhausted from the healing, it is what my....ability does, it speeds up the natural healing process. Truthfully, I am still surprised at how well you had dealt with it, up to the moment you collapsed on the bed. Any normal person would have been bedridden for days, if not weeks, unable to move."

Emma touched his hand and studied his face. Ash shrugged, his hand tingling from her touch. He didn't flinch or pull away, accepting her affection, but still craving for more. Even the crystal behaved itself.

What else can I do? She is intoxicating like I'm under hypnoses. I can think of a lot worse places to be...

"Maybe I'm just fit and healthy?" he said. Emma stared at him, her gaze only breaking when the car came to a sudden halt and they all fell forwards. Emma punched Aimee's headrest in anger.

"Will you stop being such a bitch...oh," she said. Aimee glared at her sister through the mirror. Not saying a word.

"I didn't know. Sorry!" Emma added, turning away from Ash to stare at her mobile phone.

Forgotten again...What is all that about, something odd is going on between them.

Aimee had pulled up to let an old couple cross; the man waved frantically his thanks as they made the other side.

As they continued through the rugged mountainous terrain. Ash stared out the window to enjoy the scenery, trying his very best to block out Leon's pitiful attempts to antagonise Aimee and to stop pondering why Emma had now distanced herself from him. She frantically messaged someone on her mobile phone, her fingers a blur and her expression distant and serious.

Ash couldn't be bothered to strike up a conversation, happy just to sit and watch the world go by. A few times he caught Aimee looking at him in the mirror, but she always quickly glanced away and avoided eye contact. Not once had she said a single word to him, and it was beginning to crawl under his skin.

What is her problem?