Chapter 16

Rayne |

Today is the end of the last day of school before Christmas break, which I don't see why we don't just get the whole week off. 

Throughout the rest of this exhausting week, me and Trey have been texting heavily. We flirt from time to time, but nothing serious. I think he wants something serious with me though. I want something serious too, but not with him. I'm being cautious, like I told Lau I would be.

"Wassup, Rayne?" Trey approached me with his squad. I was standing with Ferril and we were having a casual conversation while waiting for the bell to ring. "Bruh, who is this?" One of his friends asked.

"My girl," he bluntly answered. I was highly confused, but I held back from saying anything about it. I just watched as his friends nodded.

"Hey," I say.
"Watchu' 'bouta be up to on break?"
"With my family, as usual."
"You're so family orientated."
"Look at you using big words!" I teased him, "I like that in you."

He laughed and and playfully punched me. "Will I see you during break?"

"That's up to you."
"Then that means yes."

The bell rung. "See you in class," I left him. As I was walking away, I could feel him and his friend's eyes on me.

The school day was turnt. I spent most of my time playfully laughing along with Trey and catching his flirts. He had plenty of bitches giving us dirty looks, but I can care less. He ain't my nigga and they ain't gon' do shit so I ain't worried.

As soon as I got home, I changed out of my uniform and layed in Laurent's bed. And out of nowhere, I get hit in the head with a pillow.

Laurent laughs.

"Nigga you wanna play?" I yelled playfully and hit him with a pillow.

And we started having a full blown pillow fight, that I really lost because my short ass was getting tossed around by Laurent.

I threw the pillow down, and jumped onto Laurent and he caught me. He rolled me over.

We stared into each other's eyes for a quick second until he got up. That moment made me blush. Why am I blushing? I guess those golden brown eyes got the best of me.

Laurent left the room and came back with snacks. "Let's play video games and eat," He suggested. And that was fine with me. 

I spent my whole day with Laurent until Mynce got back from work at Pyraminds.

Mynce |

I ran into Rayne in the hallway upstairs. "What's Kira doing?" She asked me.

"Being Kaye." I replied.
"Well, what's Kaye doing?"
"Feeling very 'jolly.' She's really feeling the Christmas spirit."
"Her and that damn Christmas tree again?"
"Yep."

Kira and Kaye's favorite time of year is Christmas. She has a habit of redecorating that Christmas tree. It's good to see her happy.

At that moment, I was just reminded.

"Rayne!" I called out to her.
"What?"
"We need to get the boys something for Christmas!"
"Oh, shit!" She says finally realizing too. "Yes! We do!"
"Mall trip?"
"When?"
"Whenever the boys go dance."

I cancelled all my plans with everyone else to go shopping to get everyone a gift for Christmas tomorrow. The boys should be gone tomorrow to go to a dancing event, so me and Rayne are gonna seize that time to go shopping.