Chapter 1

I sigh as I walk down the steep concrete hill to glass doors that contained hell inside. I sighed and shook my head at everything; to how the grass was dry, to the squads standing around, and even for the long ass line of people waiting to be inspected. I don't feel like standing in this long line because it isn't even needed in my eyes. People aren't dumb enough to bring firearms due to metal detector, but they're smuggling every drug under the sun in via shoe, bra, underwear-everywhere possible.

Once in, I walk past the metal detector and grab my bookbag off the table from being searched. Then I hear the voice I had hoped to never hear. It's my annoying ass friend, Whitney.

"Hey Rayne!" She yelled at me and ran to me. I fake smiled. I really don't want to see her.

"Hey.."
"What you finna do?"
"Looking for Larry and Laurent."
"You're always looking for them!"
"'Cause them ma babies!"
"I haven't seen you all summer!"

I twisted my lips and rolled my eyes. That's a complete lie. During the summer, I was everywhere-at damn near every popular event. And she happened to be at mostof them. We talked unless she was with a group of people. So truth is, she's seen me all summer.

Before I can respond, muscular arms wrap around my waist, and I see a black, beaded braclet.

Laurent.

"Hi, Laurent," I say before turning around. As usual, his twin brother, Larry, was right behind me. "Wassup, Larry?" I say before hugging the Twin Towers.

Whitney scoffed, causing us to look at her. I did notice that I did kinda... tuned her out when the twins came. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing," she rolled her eyes. Then I remembered Laurent and her aren't really on good terms. "I'll see you later," she said looking at Lau meanly before walking away.

"I don't like her!" Lau complained. Laurent's my best friend, so I know he doesn't like hoes. Everyone thinks she's a thot, but she's been with her boyfriend, R, for the longest.

No one likes her because they think she's a big thot, but she hasn't crossed me, so we cool. I don't care about what everyone else thinks.

"She's cool people," I respond.
"You really shouldn't associate yourself with hoes."
"Lau, it's the first day of school, and you gon' have a smile on yo face."

"Right! What she said!" Larry chimed in getting his face. Laurent looked at him, laughed and playfully pushed him.

We all walked towards our lockers. Mine was just one long locker, and their's was next to mine in 2. Larry's was at the top, and Laurent's was at the bottom. I enter the locker code and open my locker, and they do the same.

"What class you got?" Larry asked. I pulled my schedule out of my back pocket, and opened it up. I looked at the first period. "Health," I said. "Where's the Health room?"

"That's my first period too!" Larry said loudly. "I'll walk you there."

"I got fucking algebra," Lau groaned rolling his eyes and closing his locker. Me and Larry laughed. It's 8AM-way too early to be dealing with a confusing mixture of letters, numbers and symbols.

"Let's hurry up before we're late," I said closing my locker.

The bell rung.

"We're already late," Larry obviously stated.

We dashed to class as fast as possible. In the main hallways, people rushed, and in the locker hallways, people walked and even stopped for a few seconds to have quick chats with friends. Me and Larry, on the other hand, sped to class.