Chapter 15

Mynce |

"Is we having a test today?" I asked Larry.
"Pretest."
"What's wrong, baby?"
"Nothing"
"Don't lie to me."
"I'm not, I'm just tired."
"I figured you would be, sense you was up all night--"

"Good morning!" Mr. Bishop yells. "Pretest today!"

"Up all night doing what?" Rayne humorously asked. Larry spent a night over my house last night, and ever since they've picked me and Larry up this morning, Rayne and Larry been making sex jokes towards me and Larry. We didn't do anything though, and they know this... They're just goofy.

"Fuckin' wit' me," I honestly answer.
"Fuckin' wit' you, or fucking you?" She asked.
"You're not funny," I laughed.

"As soon as you have your test, you can start on it." Our teacher announces. We all wait for him to drop off our tests at our desks. And when he does, we start on 'em.

Laurent clears his throat. "You know Mynce, you--"
"Tests are out!" Mr. Bishop cuts him off.

"I need it quiet!"

Rayne |

"Aye, Rayne?" Trey calls my name. He sits behind me.

"W-Wassup?" I ask turning sideways in my chair.

"You got a pencil, bruh?" I got caught up in his sexy ass features. Perfect as teeth and evenly toned skin! "Yeah.. Y-Yeah.. hold on." I digged in my purse to find a pencil. I handed it to him. "Thanks, bruh," He said, "mma give it back to you at the end of the period."

"Nah, keep it."

"Thanks, you the real MVP." Then he flashed that smile that almost took my damn breath away.

He is so damn fine... and he's dark skinned! My specialty is dark skinned niggas. See, when you live in the hood, these white boys ain't gon' get it because all you like is hood niggas.

"TREMAINE! NEVERSON!" Mr. Reli yelled from the front of the room. "Quiet!"

"You ain't gotta yell. Dang..."

Class went on and I did better on the test than I actually thought I would.

"'Ight," Trey said dapping me, "See ya after class." I nodded.

The bell rung. Laurent stepped next to me as we headed to our lockers to get ready for second period, Biology. "Wow... you 2 are really getting along." He said in a sarcastic voice.

"Yes we do," I say confidently.
"You like him?"
"No. I think he fine as hell, but I don't like him."
"What's the difference."
"I think Xerx gay ass is fine as hell, but I don't like him, so your point?"
"I'll let you get that off," he chuckled, "but still..."
"Still what?"
"I have a bad feelin' about him."

I put my books in my locker. I put my pencil at the very top of my locker. This isn't the first time I've heard that.

"Jealous?" I ask.
"No."
"I knew you were," I say in a cheery voice, "It's okay, though." 

I closed my locker and walked and he walked beside me as we headed to gym. "You're not funny," he says to me.

"Now you sound like Mynce."
"I'm serious. It's my gut feeling."
"I'll be cautious."

He nodded at me.

Larry met up with us in gym class. "Babe said text her back, Rayne."

"I will."

I texted Mynce back throughout gym. It took her a minute because she's in her IT class, but she is funny. She had me laughing at my phone from time to time.

The school day was just plain turnt, but now it's time to take our asses home. I got a shit load of homework to do in less than 24 hours. Why they wait until the last week before Christmas break to pile on the homework? That's Lincoln for you. I walked through the glass doors and I felt a hand cup my wrists.

"You was about to go without saying bye to me?" It was Trey. I laughed. "My bad." I hugged him.

"What you finna do?"
"Go home. I got stuff to plan."

"You ain't planning nothin' with me?" He smiled widely, clasps his hands together and started rubbing his hands together like Birdman. "Uh, no," I can see that he wants something from me, but he ain't gettin' shit. He laughed. "Alright," He looked at me and bent down and kissed my cheek, making my caramel, brown skinned tone turn to a shade of red. "Bye," I dismissed him.

I looked around and Mynce, Larry and Laurent were there. I walked up them, throwing my backpack onto my back. "You ready?" Lau said as we came out of the door. "Yeah," I said, tilting my head to the side with a face of confusion watching him. Laurent's voice didn't have anger in it at all. He seemed more annoyed than he did angry.

Mynce took the AUX cord and play "Hey Mama" by Nicki Minaj, David Guetta, and Afrojack. I'm surprised this Saturday-Sunday type bitch didn't play any of them depressing ass songs by The Weeknd.

Bangin' my like dum-da-dee-day
I like the dirty rhythm you play
I wanna hear ya callin' my name
Like "Hey mama, mama"

The car ride was full of good laughs, fun and games.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

• Tremaine Neverson is Trey Songz real name for those who didn't know.

• I ain't racist if that's what your thinking, this is how people think where I live