Chapter 36

[Art credit to me]

This book is finally ending in like 2 or 3 chapters!

_____

The atmosphere was quiet, only the birds chirping could be heard. The wind went by gently as a young tree gave shade to a certain cat elf.

Our protagonist was reading quietly in the safety of the Land of Dawn. Something she hadn't done in so long. After all that she's gone through, who can blame her?

Nana's eyes moved swiftly as she reached the climax of the story. Most people would wish to experience the adventure book characters experience, but Nana knew exactly how exhausting being stuck in a dilemma was.

Her eyes stopped moving and looked up, away from her book. She felt a chill run down her spine. Someone was watching her.

"Now? Why now?" Nana mutters to herself, scratching her head as she placed down the book and got up. Looking around, there was no hint of any stalker she could find.

'I"m very sure there was something very wrong...' She thought to herself as she examines the forest from afar. She particularly had very bad experiences from that landscape. She simply acted upon her traumatizing experience.

She sat back down, keeping a watchful eye on her surroundings as she attempts to resume her book reading. Unfortunately, she was no longer in the mood. A simple shiver that ran down her spine was enough to make her hesitant.

"How is it that you notice me?" Nana felt adrenaline rush through her as she looks behind her. There she was, the person who caused l this chaos by their own personal issues.

The only difference was there was no sign of malice in her eyes, in fact, if one were to be honest, she just looked lonely. Perhaps that vengeful mindset hadn't gotten to her yet.

Celosia calmly sat next to Nana, ignoring the fact that the girl was so tense and basically trembling from either fear or anger.

'Could she still be changed?... No... She's bound to turn to her ways soon.' Nana thought to herself as she scans the Maiden of Death.

"Who are you?"

"A hero that's never been released." Celosia simply shrugged, still looking off into the far distance, "I came from the Abyss but that place wasn't for me, I tried joining The Eurodito and The Moniyan Empire but they wouldn't accept me as well."

Nana looks down and starts pulling grass from the ground, "The world is unfair," She mutters, "why are you talking to me?"

"I just feel like I've met you before, but not on good terms." Celosia shrugged, "I'm not sure what someone as innocent as you could do to spark my hatred or interest though. Do you have any idea what connections we have?"

'Yes.'

"No." Nana shook her head furiously, "I feel slightly uneasy as well... But I don't like to assume things." She smiled nervously.

"I see..." Celosia sighed, "Anyways, I've always wondered... In the Outer World, I've heard they had equality there."

'Why are you telling me this?' Nana thought, panicking on what she was supposed to do. She could've killed her right then and there, but she couldn't seem to do it.