Chapter 9

Art credit: Yuu_Chi_Art on Instagram

Friend.

Honestly, that word hurt Harley more than all the pain Celosia had inflicted on him. I mean, who likes to be in the friendzone?

"You!" Celosia turned around to look at the cowering girl, eyes scarlet with a bloodthirsty look on her face.

"Back for more little one?" Celosia sneered, her mist bird accompanying her by her said.

Nana's eyes widened in fear once she had realized the situation she was in. She was in a 1v1 battle, a support against a mage, she was vulnerable and her friend was sprawled on the floor nearly unconscious.

What was she supposed to do?

"N-No! I just want you to leave us alone." Nana gulped, anxiously waiting for Molina to finish its cooldown and make a quick escape.

"What makes you think I'll do anything you say? Moonton claims I'm too powerful for my own good, thus, never releasing me as a hero. Now it's time for me to put my abilities to good use. Cause pain." Celosia says, a violet glass shard forming in her right hand.

Nana stood idle in her position, wondering, 'What would Miya do?'

"Nana! Run!" Harley rasped out, clearly noticing what Celosia was trying to do.

"Get down!" A flash of white light knocked Nana down to the ground, taking the hit for her.

"Why did you run away like that?!" Harith glares down at the traumatized girl, the rest of the gang following behind.

"Stupid cooldown." Celosia mutters to herself, quickly running inside a bush and disappearing into thin air like Natalia would.

"Oh my gord! What happened to you, Harley?!" Angela shrieks, immediately bending down to inspect the pale, frozen boy on the ground.

"Oh I don't know, just laying on the ground pale as can be because I want to." Harley states sarcastically.

"Sh-she— I saw — what was she doing?!" Nana's eyes twitched, trying to rid of the scene playing throughout her mind.

"Sucking the life out of me. What do you expect?" Harley sighed, rubbing his head, "Can I just faint now?"

"No you can't!" Cyclops said, "We need to get out of here first."

"Fainting isn't something I can control!"

"Man up will you? It's just a few minutes walk." Harith sighed irritatedly, looking at the exit from afar.

"Wait! I know!" Chang'e beams, she grabbed Nana and started dragging her out of the woods with an incredible speed.

Of course, the little feline couldn't keep her balance for long and was now being dragged on the floor, yelping at every hump in their way.

"Ow! Let me go, Chang'e!" Nana cries out in pain.

"Oh my gord, stop that, Chang'e!" Harley jumped up from his place, running after the two.

"Problem solved." Diggie shrugs.

_____

"You'll be fine." Rafaela nods, smiling down at Harley who was currently resting in the infirmary.

An irritated Nana sat in the bed next to Harley's, having a few bruises from the what she's been through with Chang'e dragging her and all.

The little brunette has apologize too many times, but she wouldn't forgive her just yet.

"Hey, how are the kiddos?" A familiar blonde fighter entered the room.

"They're doing great! They'll be ready to be interviewed soon." Rafaela replied, "Just give them time to recover."

Rafaela motioned to rhe small carpet by the window where the rest of the gang could be seen, Chang'e stared at the floor, lost in thought, Cyclops was talking about books with Diggie, Angela was curled up in a ball, worrying about many things. Harith? He was nowhere to be seen.

Freya nodded with a polite smile before approaching the children, "You'll be getting out of here soon, don't worry. I do have some good news too."

Chang'e snapped out of her trance and immediately looked up, "Freya?"

"Hello Chang'e," Freya chuckled, "You're brother asked me to pick you up, I obliged of course."

"So I'm getting out of here?" Chang'e's eyes sparkled.

"Yes, also tests have been canceled until further notice. The new hero is causing quite a ruckus, and Moonton would have to focus on fixing this problem first." Freya says.

"Yes! No tests!" Chang'e cheered, "You hear that, Nana? You can stop worrying now!"

"I'll stop worrying when you stop worrying." Nana murmurs, still staring into the white sheets of her bed.

"Still mad at me." Chang'e sighed, "Can I leave now?"

"Not yet." Freya shook her head, "We'll be waiting for the interviewers. This is a very crucial thing that has to happen."

"Aww okay."

"I have a question." Angela spoke up, "Has anyone seen Harith? I don't remember seeing him leave."