Chapter 20

I despise everything that brings these struggles upon me.
_____

"Nothing's gonna happen if all you do is weep over the fact she's gone."

"But she's not."

"We're in the outerworld. Celosia could've killed her and thrown her corpse in here."

"Why do you have to be so pessimistic?"

"I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being realistic."

"Honestly, just go away, you're not helping."

"That's because you won't let me!"

Silence.

"You know..." Alucard sighed, sitting beside Harith who was currently avoiding eye contact, staring at the cobblestone floor, "Anything could've happened... I'm just preparing you for the worst."

"I only prepare for the best." Harith looks at him, a fiery look on his face, "Because I believe she's still out there."

"Besides... you're supposed to be there for me. That's what big brothers do, now, don't they? Or have you forgotten your very own words?" Harith shooks his head, his eyes moving away from Alucard's cold ones.

"I haven't. But a big brother's job is not to only be optimism, it's also to watch over their younger sibling. I haven't done that lately, so yes, I seem to have forgotten my words." Alucard began.

"But I'm trying to fix my mistake. Do you think you're helping in any way?"

________

"For the last time, it's okay." (Y/n) chuckled as Orion proceeded to shower the girl/boy with apologies. He wanted to make sure he didn't make an enemy in the overworld, he already had too many people getting on his nerves.

"Thanks." Orion mutters, breathing our a sigh of relief, he didn't even know he'd been holding in a breath.

"Are you a cosplayer too?" (Y/n) asks, tilting her head to the side curiously.

'A cos-what?' Orion thought in confusion, 'Must be an outerworld thing..'

"I uh- yes I am..." Orion coughs out, "I'm uh- a cat human...?"

"You seem unsure." (Y/n) chuckled, "I just met a cosplayer yesterday, she had similar ears and tail as you, perhaps you're cosplaying as someone related to... Nana?"

'Nana?' Orion raised an eyebrow, "Uhh... That's right! I am cosplaying as her brother! Have you any knowledge of her location by any chance? I was wondering where my co-cosplayer was..."

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow suspiciously, "She didn't tell me anything about having a brother..."

'Oh no- what am I supposed to do now?!' Orion felt panic began to arise inside her.

"Then again, she hasn't told me much about herself..." (Y/n) continued, "And she may have hit her head too hard during the accident."

"So... Is that a yes?" Orion asked nervously, hoping she/he would buy his small lie.

"Uh huh, just follow me." (Y/n) nods, motioning for him to start following her/him.

____

"Are you sure this is safe?" Nana asks curiously, biting her lip as she held her headpiece in place, Guinevere just flashed her a reassuring smile and proceeded to drag her deeper into the woods.

"Uh huh," Guinevere replied, "Did you expect us to settle in the city where anyone could find us easily?"

"Well... I guess you're right... But why in the woods where you have to run down a gigantic mountain to get to?"

"First of all, it's not a wood, it's a valley." Guinevere starts, "Second of all, that's part of ensuring our safety. Most of the citizens don't go off trail. They fear these things they call dwende."

"If you say so..." Nana says. Silence soon overtook them both as they continued to jump over logs, dodging trees and rocks, trying hard not to slip and break their head.

"Is everyone okay?" Nana asks, breaking the silence. Guinevere just nodded and continued to focus on their path.

"Yes, they're quite worried about the situation we all are in as well." Guinevere sighed, "I never even got the chance to be mastered by a single player."

Nana blinks as she realized that Guinevere was a new hero, she probably just got released, but was taken away from the game right away.

No one knew her true potential. 'Perhaps that would be our advantage over the banned heroes.' Nana pondered, 'They did not get the chance to see her in action for they wiped them all up right away. Their mistake.'

Nana smiled as she felt a small tinge of hope growing inside her. There was hope, all they needed, was a foulproof plan and unity.

"Hoy! Ano ang ginagawa niyo dito?! (Hey! What are you doing here?!)" A loud yell was heard, Nana and Guinevere immediately stopped walking and turned to the voice.

A gruffy man with a cigarette in his mouth stood there, two men beside him who looked drunk, or homeless. Whichever fits their appearance.

"Ang iksi naman ng mga damit niyo. (Your clothes are quite short)" One of the other men said, breathing out a puff of smoke and staring at Guinevere's legs.

Guinevere immediately pulled down her nurse skirt and sent a deadly glare in his way and prepared herself to kick some people's butts.

"Stop staring at me!" Guinevere retorts, Nana looked at the shaggy men in concern, they didn't look too friendly.

"Ah, mga dayuhan sila." The first man scoffs, "Hindi nila tayo maintindihan no?"

"Run." Was the only word Guinevere said before the two girls bolted running to who knows where.

All we know is that it was DEFINITELY not in the direction their hideout was in.